Did anyone else hear this today?

This is a discussion on Did anyone else hear this today? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sounds like a crock of stinky stuff....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Did anyone else hear this today?

Sounds like a crock of stinky stuff.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

2. Remove Ads

My apologies...obviously very credible

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    jsnyder | Conservative News, Views & Books

John M. Snyder, former National Rifle Association magazine editor, is public affairs director of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and a director of the Council for America. Because he is the senior gun rights advocate in Washington, his is also know as the "Gun Dean." He is the founder of the St. Gabriel Possenti Society and author of "Gun Saint."

http://gunpolicies.wordpress.com/

Yeah I would tend to take what he has to say seriously....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! !

...wait...let me catch my breath....

So I went ahead and googled "the gun dean" and apparently the only place he or anyone else is know is as "the gun dean" is on the conservative "news" site you linked to in your post. Now I could be wrong, I got bored with it after the fourth or fifth google page.

Oh, and I also took a look a the blog you linked to as well. I didn't get too deep into it because after I noticed his endorsement of Romney as pro-gun my eyes were tearing up too much to continue reading. I just lost it and had to post a reply.

Like I said before, "super reliable source".

VIP Member
    Funny how some people think the fine citizens of the US of A are somehow immune to what has transpired in many other countries over the last 125 years, as far as firearms, firearms registration, and confiscation, just because it hasen't happend yet on our shores.

Bet if you would have asked anyone if they thought the US would ever have been attacked, they would have laughed in your face,........... before Pearl Harbor.

Some people won't believe anything , even AFTER it happens, if they weren't there in person.
    Oh well.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Funny how some people think the fine citizens of the US of A are somehow immune to what has transpired in many other countries over the last 125 years, as far as firearms, firearms registration, and confiscation, just because it hasen't happend yet on our shores.

Bet if you would have asked anyone if they thought the US would ever have been attacked, they would have laughed in your face,........... before Pearl Harbor.

Some people won't believe anything , even AFTER it happens, if they weren't there in person.
    Oh well.
    Ok. So if I told you that I heard some unsubstantiated non-sense from "an unnamed reliable source" on the Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC you'd buy that garbage too?

jsnyder | Conservative News, Views & Books

John M. Snyder, former National Rifle Association magazine editor, is public affairs director of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and a director of the Council for America. Because he is the senior gun rights advocate in Washington, his is also know as the "Gun Dean." He is the founder of the St. Gabriel Possenti Society and author of "Gun Saint."

http://gunpolicies.wordpress.com/

Yeah I would tend to take what he has to say seriously....
    I was looking for the sarcasm tags...did you forget to put those in?
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

After church about 12:30 we are on the way to Harbor tools for a look around before a movie...

On FOX news they had someone that quotes "a reliable White House source" that Obama other than passing 5,798 new rules n regs regarding many things since his reelection.

Obama plans on pushing / passing / executive order to re classify mostly all semi auto guns as a "CLASS 2 WEAPON REQUIRING A FEDERAL TAX STAMP TO OWN," saying further "We know this in not possible but they are claiming almost all semi auto weapons are easily converted to full auto weapons."

He claimed his source was uber reliable....

here found a link....
    President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban?
    Gun rights activist John Snyder explains
    President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban? | Fox News Video
    I didn't hear that one, but I heard a Dem Congressman talking about that they were considering adding this to Feinstien's AW Ban bill ..... and that several of them were making input to it, and the Admin was 'supportive'. I'll take the Dem Congressman at his word on this one.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    I had heard that Obama was already over GWB as far as number of EO's. But I went and investigated and found this interesting tidbit from the Federal Register (Executive Orders Disposition Tables Index ).

The real standout is Roosevelt.
    As of October 9, 2012
    Obama 139
    GW Bush 290
    Clinton 363
    G Bush 165
    Reagan 380
    Carter 319
    Ford 168
    Nixon 345
    Johnson 323
    Kennedy 213
    Eisenhower 481
    Truman 893
    Roosevelt 3466
    Hoover 995

Now, that being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the big O tries to pull something off using an EO.
    If you look at the Wikipedia entry for FDR, you'll notice a bunch of similarities between that administration ond the current one. FDR had "administrations", Obama has "czars" - the biggest difference being in the number of syllables. Both created government offices by executive fiat, without benefit of Congressional approval.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    If you look at the Wikipedia entry for FDR, you'll notice a bunch of similarities between that administration ond the current one. FDR had "administrations", Obama has "czars" - the biggest difference being in the number of syllables. Both created government offices by executive fiat, without benefit of Congressional approval.
    yup, pretty similar....Apart from the odd 3000 EO's or so.

yup, pretty similar....Apart from the odd 3000 EO's or so.

Sorry about the double post.

He doesn't have to do an executive order for everything. Since Depts can issue new regulations they deem necessary , he can call the head of the ATF, the FBI, Homeland Security, EPA, or who the heck he wants and just say ...... I think you ought to issue a new regulation ... making such and such illegal ...... then they go thru the process to do it. So, Executive orders issued, has nothing to do with it per se and isn't a good measure at all.

find out how many "NEW " regulations have been issued during their tenure as President, and in what agencies, and the type of regulations ....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ValpoHawkeye View Post
    Faux News. Pathetic
    Oh I see. Your one of THEM?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links