Michigan SB59 Needs Help!

This is a discussion on Michigan SB59 Needs Help! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; SB 59 UPDATE AND ACTION ALERT: Committee Chair Frank Foster has pulled SB 59 from the agenda of tomorrow's House Natural Resources Committee meeting. With ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RoadRunner71
  • 1 Post By Supertac45

Thread: Michigan SB59 Needs Help!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar

SB 59 UPDATE AND ACTION ALERT: Committee Chair Frank Foster has pulled SB 59 from the agenda of tomorrow's House Natural Resources Committee meeting. With just over a week left in the legislative session, this has the serious potential to kill the bill. Please e-mail Rep. Foster at FrankFoster@house.mi.gov and politely ask him to consider and pass SB 59 tomorrow.

SB59 Eliminates Pistol Free Zones in Michigan for CPL Holders with additional training. Please Send him this email with a nice tone for it being put back on the agenda. This is the step We The People need in our fight for freedom.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Will do! I firmly believe that with additional training as required by the state, more highly trained civilians should be able to carry into most of the current pistol free zones.. just as law enforcement and judges and the like can do.

I would LOVE to see a watered down training course of some sort that is modeled after our state or local police academy. Maybe instead of the 6 months of training MSP get, civilians could apply for and be selected to participate in an 8 week course focusing on firearms safety and proficiency, as well as conflict avoidance and defensive driving.

I wouldnt want to suggest that we should train vigilantes or anything.. but perhaps civilians that would be specially trained to assistthe public in an instance where the police have not yet arrived (no duty to assist, but just the training to do so if they felt it necessary).

Ok, i kinda got off topic a bit.. my bad.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    Will do! I firmly believe that with additional training as required by the state, more highly trained civilians should be able to carry into most of the current pistol free zones.. just as law enforcement and judges and the like can do.

I would LOVE to see a watered down training course of some sort that is modeled after our state or local police academy. Maybe instead of the 6 months of training MSP get, civilians could apply for and be selected to participate in an 8 week course focusing on firearms safety and proficiency, as well as conflict avoidance and defensive driving.

I wouldnt want to suggest that we should train vigilantes or anything.. but perhaps civilians that would be specially trained to assistthe public in an instance where the police have not yet arrived (no duty to assist, but just the training to do so if they felt it necessary).

Ok, i kinda got off topic a bit.. my bad.
    If this is what you want for yourself, go to the academy. I am for SB59, but I am NOT for anything that will put ideas in to the heads of the wanna-be's out there. I do not have the legal and liability coverage to "assistthe public in an instance where the police have not yet arrived (no duty to assist, but just the training to do so if they felt it necessary)". I am not a cop and I refuse to pretend that I am.

SB59 is not about that. It is simply recognizing that PFZ's are a slap in the face of law abiding, well trained citizens - especially those who are willing to go the extra mile in training.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

I'm for SB0059, but not for a requirement of some extended course that cost more than I have, or the time to go.
    longhornfan6 likes this.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    SB 59 UPDATE AND ACTION ALERT: Committee Chair Frank Foster has pulled SB 59 from the agenda of tomorrow's House Natural Resources Committee meeting. With just over a week left in the legislative session, this has the serious potential to kill the bill. Please e-mail Rep. Foster at FrankFoster@house.mi.gov and politely ask him to consider and pass SB 59 tomorrow.SB59 Eliminates Pistol Free Zones in Michigan for CPL Holders with additional training. Please Send him this email with a nice tone for it being put back on the agenda. This is the step We The People need in our fight for freedom.
    Sorry, but I can not support SB59. I strongly belive that all PfZ need to be eliminated for ALL CPL holders not just a select few, if this is passed it will be all the harder to get what all citizens have by default as a right of law abiding citizenship.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Emails sent to reps to support this.

dV8r,
    Respectfully, I understand your frustration but still see this as a move in the right direction. By your logic we should have waited to have any MI CPL until we were able to pass constitutional carry?

Sponsored Links