Poll: Are you an NRA member

This is a discussion on Poll: Are you an NRA member within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yeah, I'm a member....

View Poll Results: Are you an NRA member?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

176 75.86%
  • No

56 24.14%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Poll: Are you an NRA member

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm a member.

2. Remove Ads

I'm a Life Member. While I don't agree with everything they do. I think the NRA and 2nd Amendment Foundation are the best advocacy groups we have. In my opinion, they do far more good (much of it behind the scenes) than harm.
    MrsHB likes this.

No longer a member:

1. IMO the peddly fear mongering and cause gun and ammo prices to go up more so than any other person or organization in this country
    2. Would not stop annoying emials and letters after numerous time I emailed and called to have them stop
    3. I emailed them at least 28 time about the problems I had with them and how they hype up issues. I won't get into the issues but the point is after 28 emails I never ONCE got response. If they don't have time for me as a then paying member then I do not have anymore time for them

I do not talk bad about the NRA to anti's and support folks that do. I feel that issue are better seved by supporting your state gun orgs than the NRA.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Re: Poll: Are you an NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    No longer a member:

1. IMO the peddly fear mongering and cause gun and ammo prices to go up more so than any other person or organization in this country
    2. Would stop annoying emials and letters after numerous time I emailed and called to have them stop
    3. I emailed them at least 28 time about the problems I had with them and how they hype up issues. I won't get into the issues but the point is after 28 emails I never ONCE got response. If they don't have time for me as a then paying member then I do not have anymore time for them

I do not talk bad about the NRA to anti's and support folks that do. I feel that issue are better seved by supporting your state gun orgs than the NRA.
    Pretty much the same reasons for me.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Being a Paramedic, I got the free 1-year 'Life of Duty" membership. So yes, yes I am.

I'll probably pay for my own once it's up.

VIP Member
    Life Member, have been for about 25 years.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Was yearly, then went "Life" then did the whole "Endowment" thing for some odd reason.

Eh, I'm in IL. It gives me hope.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, passed and waiting for IL at the moment.

Yep, Life Member since the day I was born. My grandfather was an avid all-around shooter/hunter, signed-up all us grandsons as lifers before we cleared the hospital nursery! And could NOT WAIT to teach us all how to shoot. THAT'S how to do it, thanks Daddy Mac!
    lchamp and BamaT like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Re: Poll: Are you an NRA member

Yes I'm a member.

Life member here...and, our private range requires membership.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm a member but my membership is up soon and I'm not renewing it solely because of the 9,000,000 emails and letters I get asking for donations.

Used to be member but no more, got tired of the constant mail wanting more money and the stuff they would send me like videos that I did't ask for stating that if I did not send them back I would be billed.

I was an NRA member for many years. I finally got fed up with the never-ending junk mail demanding more and more money, so one year I just let my annual membership lapse. I always felt a little bad about that until the NRA started getting so political and endorsing politicians and positions that have nothing at all to do with guns or gun ownership, but just supported some other far right-wing agenda. I did enjoy the American Rifleman magazine though.

If some other pro-gun organization ever emerges that can concern itself solely with issues that involve guns and gun ownership rights, then I might consider sending them my money to support their efforts.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdw63 View Post
    Used to be member but no more, got tired of the constant mail wanting more money and the stuff they would send me like videos that I did't ask for stating that if I did not send them back I would be billed.
    I used to be a member maybe 5 years ago and also got so tired of the constant bugging. Dropped the membership and they still bug me at times with phone calls, mail, emails. Geeze give it a break....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I still get the mail and e-mails also, as a matter of fact got something in the mail today wanting me to renew my membership.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links