Poll: Are you an NRA member - Page 3

Poll: Are you an NRA member

This is a discussion on Poll: Are you an NRA member within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm a Patron member. Will probably upgrade to Benefactor someday....

View Poll Results: Are you an NRA member?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

176 75.86%
  • No

56 24.14%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Poll: Are you an NRA member

I'm a Patron member. Will probably upgrade to Benefactor someday.
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

I belong but don't like all the mailings, but I have a recycle bin that I have to feed. The good outweights the bad.

Life Member.

VIP Member
    Distinguished Life Member.

I think that just means I've gotten old.

The last step before extinguished Life Member?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

MJK
    Am I a member? You bet! (Lifetime)

If you enjoy this sport and desire to retain your fundamental right to keep and bear arms, then please join us. No other organization is as effective as the NRA. Without it we would have lost our 2nd amendment rights a long time ago. Maybe you don't like everything the NRA does, but be pragmatic and don't let "perfect" become the enemy "good"!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    if you were and stopped, why?
    if you aren't but plan to, why?
    Because they would not stop bothering me.
    After I dropped my membership I did continue to fund them through the round up program at Midwayusa but due to the ongoing fear mongering I have also stopped that.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Seems like the answer (If you're only issue with membership is emails.) is to set up a second email just for the NRA when you join, then never check it again.

Life member since 1988, annual member for probably 15 years before that. Do I agree with them 100% of the time, no. I don't agree 100% of the time with my wife of 38 years either, but I think I keep her around . Can the fund raising and such get annoying, yes, but at times so are my grandkids and I still love them. Is the NRA the best defender of our 2A rights, YES. Life is not perfect and neither is any organization out there, but you weigh the good with the bad and in the case of the NRA, and the cases of my wife and grandkids, the positives outweighs the negatives.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

Life member, as is my son. Yes, some things they do are aggravating, but I think they have done a lot to promote 2nd Amendment rights. The club I belong to requires membership, but I would be a member anyway. When I first joined in early/mid-80s, it was on the heels of Morton Grove Illinois banning hand gun ownership. I wanted to be part of an organized effort to fight things like this.
    Last edited by BamaT; December 3rd, 2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Life Member

Let me see, what are my choices...

1. Getting rid of the junk mail by not supporting an organization which will try to protect my 2nd Amendment rights.

2. Support the organization which will try to protect my 2nd Amendment rights and get rid of their junk mail.

That's a tough one but I think I'll pick #2.
    BamaT, lchamp and phreddy like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Yes, Endowment member.

I joined the NRA back when you needed a sponsor, such as an active member of the military to sign for you. In college - late 60s, early 70s, I stopped renewing because I felt they were too jingoisitic.

Years later, with the benefit of more life experience, and post GCOA-68, I realized that there was no single organization who defended our Second Amendment rights as well as the NRA, and I rejoined, eventually opting for Life membership and subsequently more.

I don't like the constant dunning for donations and junk mail, but having spent some time with NRA employees I recognize that that's a money-maker, no doubt about it. And much as I am rarely in lock step with my registered political party, I don't accept or agree with everything the NRA espouses. But again, there is NO organization making more headway with the preservation of our 2A rights than the NRA.

And I do not limit my support to just the NRA; now that I'm no longer required to contribute annually to continue my NRA membership, I contribute probably even more than basic NRA dues to local RKBA organizations.
    BamaT likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    if you were and stopped, why?
    if you aren't but plan to, why?
    I am considering joining because I think that they are one of the most formidable gun rights advocacy groups. I consider not joining because I think that they have strayed too far from their mission and into general politics, become corrupted with money making and executive salaries, and have a reputation for severely spamming, harassing by phone, and selling (email) information about their members.
    Edit: I am a contributing ($) member of GRNC (Grass Roots NC)

Just an observation. As of right now 22 percent of GUNOWNERS who frequent a GUN forum do not belong to the NRA. Many of us left for the same reasons. Hello Mr. LaPierre Might want to rethink your business model.

1. STOP the emails and mailings-you will save money and at the same time get more folks back who will be paying dues
    2. Give us honest unbiased, non fear mongering chicken little articles about what is going on in the US and the world. We want to be informed. Not told what to do.
    3. Respond to emails when folks that are members make complaints. Really bad form to say you are looking out for us when you blow off members who have questions or complaints.
    Darrow75 and drbald1 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

When I took my conceal carry class, they gave a discount if you had a NRA membership. The discount was the same cost as a membership so I signed up then. I am glad I did because of the work NRA does standing up for our right to arms.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

VIP Member
    Anyone who is interested in becoming an NRA life member for $300 should check out this thread. Several of us have openly offered to sponsor any DC member who wants to become an NRA life member.

Lifetime NRA Membership Special $300.00 (sponsors needed)
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links