Poll: Are you an NRA member

This is a discussion on Poll: Are you an NRA member within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by suntzu Just an observation. As of right now 22 percent of GUNOWNERS who frequent a GUN forum do not belong to the ...

View Poll Results: Are you an NRA member?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

176 75.86%
  • No

56 24.14%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Poll: Are you an NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Just an observation. As of right now 22 percent of GUNOWNERS who frequent a GUN forum do not belong to the NRA. Many of us left for the same reasons. Hello Mr. LaPierre Might want to rethink your business model.

1. STOP the emails and mailings-you will save money and at the same time get more folks back who will be paying dues
    2. Give us honest unbiased, non fear mongering chicken little articles about what is going on in the US and the world. We want to be informed. Not told what to do.
    3. Respond to emails when folks that are members make complaints. Really bad form to say you are looking out for us when you blow off members who have questions or complaints.
    You have some valid points. However - with respect to your #1, the NRA isn't stupid. If the mass mailings didn't generate the revenues they did, they would have ceased long ago.
    Re your #3, although it doesn't hurt to contact Mr. LaPierre directly, I'd sooner expect a personal answer from the CEO of my Fortune 100 company with 110,000 employees, than from the point man of an organization with 4+ million paying members. If a paid-up member wants to make a complaint, there are more effective ways to be heard than to tug at the sleeve of the guy at the top.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

2. Remove Ads

Life Member since 2003.
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

Yes, for over 37 years. Benefactor Member for a number of years.
    Glock, Colt, S&W,Beretta,ParaOrdnance
    Springfields, Browning, Keltec... to name a few.

TSRA, NRA, IDPA, IPSC, USPSA
    NRA Certified RSO and Instructor
    Certified CHL Instructor in Texas and Lousisiana

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Yep, Life Member since the day I was born. My grandfather was an avid all-around shooter/hunter, signed-up all us grandsons as lifers before we cleared the hospital nursery! And could NOT WAIT to teach us all how to shoot. THAT'S how to do it, thanks Daddy Mac!
    that is an AWESOME idea

Yes, Life Member and proud of it. I also support the SAF and GOA.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Lifer here. If you don't support the NRA, which is the most effective pro-gun lobby group, don't complain to me when you lose your gun rights.

Also support SAF and Ohioans for Concealed Carry.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    You have some valid points. However - with respect to your #1, the NRA isn't stupid. If the mass mailings didn't generate the revenues they did, they would have ceased long ago.
    Re your #3, although it doesn't hurt to contact Mr. LaPierre directly, I'd sooner expect a personal answer from the CEO of my Fortune 100 company with 110,000 employees, than from the point man of an organization with 4+ million paying members. If a paid-up member wants to make a complaint, there are more effective ways to be heard than to tug at the sleeve of the guy at the top.
    I was not expecting a response from Mr. LaPierre. Just anyone. Heck, I canned letter stating they recieved my correspndence would have at least been MINIMAL effort on the part of the NRA.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Just joined this year at the Tulsa gun show. Got a hat for free and $10.00 off the ticket price.

New Member Array TodaysBushcraft's Avatar

Poll: Are you an NRA member

Life Member for 20+ years. Glad I did!

Sent from my Tactical Communication Device.

Can't afford the membership, but can afford a gun?

Bothered by calls and mail?

Of course it's everyone's choice, but it seems like not being able to own a gun would be a more inconvenience then these things lame excuses I am hearing.
    If you own a gun, you should support the NRA.
    OD*, joker1, 1MoreGoodGuy and 1 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Endowment Life member
    joepilot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Can't afford the membership, but can afford a gun?

Bothered by calls and mail?

Of course it's everyone's choice, but it seems life not being able to own a gun would be a more inconvenience then these things lame excuses I am hearing.
    If you own a gun, you should support the NRA.
    I own a car but don't belong to AAA
    I was Catholic but did not belong to the Knights of Columbus
    If I were to work somewhere where joining a union was an option I would not

Your attitude is like the NRA's. One of lack of respect. My way or the highway (not perfect but best I can do before my coffee) I do not join or stay membership with an organization unless 1-I beleive they are being honest and truthful in spirit and word and 2-they show at least minimal respect to its members by listening to what they want and don't want.

How many folks here said they can not afford to join? I have not seen one but then again I might have missied it so I don't see what your point is.

And don't worry, I won't come crying to you when they take away our guns. In the end if that were to happen it would be the voters electing officials to do that. My money is better spent at the local levels of government and with local and state organizations.

Have you looked at the poll? It is folks telling the NRA to change a few simple things. Not an overall change in its platform. But they won't listen. I thought I was in a very small minority (about 1 percent) but in appears I am wrong. Take the 22 percent here that are not members and do some math andfigure oout how many gun owners the NRA is missing...

They do good work, don't get me wrong.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I am not a member of any gun organization that lobbies for my gun rights. I have and do support them, monetarily. But I do not join.

When I write my Federal, State, and Local representatives, (not often enough, but not so much as to seem a "crank" either) I do so under my own auspices, not part of a mass mailing... Email bombs or anything else.

Sometimes I email... but that's rare because the responses are so automated. Usually , I type out a letter.... often with a short paragraph in my own hand... It gets more than the usual boilerplate form response sometimes.

And, I tell them that I'm not a member of this gang or that gang... Bloods or Crips, NRA or GOA? The anti's think we're all in "gangs." And now, one of the dingbats has labeled the NRA "the new KKK."

So, no, I don't belong to the NRA... or the GOA, or IFC, or IGO, but I give them money... Cash usually, at gun shows frequently. I support what they do... I just don't "affiliate."

And maybe... by saying I'm not a member of one of these organizations, who's leadership has told me to sign this petition, join this email blast, send this postcard to...etc. etc... maybe... they (them political rats) will actually listen to.. maybe even respond to; an honest, genuine, direct communication from a real, live, voting constituent.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Lifer here. If you don't support the NRA, which is the most effective pro-gun lobby group, don't complain to me when you lose your gun rights.
    no kidding. I'm shocked with the fact that there are anti-NRA people on a board like this. it's nuts.

OD*
    Endowment member.
    joepilot likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links