Poll: Are you an NRA member

This is a discussion on Poll: Are you an NRA member within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by AdBro no kidding. I'm shocked with the fact that there are anti-NRA people on a board like this. it's nuts. No, it's ...

View Poll Results: Are you an NRA member?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

176 75.86%
  • No

56 24.14%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Poll: Are you an NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    no kidding. I'm shocked with the fact that there are anti-NRA people on a board like this. it's nuts.
    No, it's not.

Remember all those lovely political ads... "He was for this before this, until he voted against it." "He said he wanted that, but he didn't vote that way then."

NRA has also been, in the past, for things that they are vehemently against, now.

So, it's not NUTS to not want to belong to a group that sometimes doesn't listen to what it's membership wants. And sometimes changes it's stance on the things it's supposed to represent, and also has been known to "dabble" in issues that have no bearing on it's stated purpose at all.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    No, it's not.

Remember all those lovely political ads... "He was for this before this, until he voted against it." "He said he wanted that, but he didn't vote that way then."

NRA has also been, in the past, for things that they are vehemently against, now.

So, it's not NUTS to not want to belong to a group that sometimes doesn't listen to what it's membership wants. And sometimes changes it's stance on the things it's supposed to represent, and also has been known to "dabble" in issues that have no bearing on it's stated purpose at all.
    i WANT them to support politicians that will SUPPORT the second amendment--no matter what party the politician is...they do that.

Lack of respect? Hardly!

I respect those who carried the torch for us in the past, who's money and donations purchased an army of lawyers that made the NRA the most feared lobby on Capital Hill.

I respect all those who fought and died so we have a choice to fight with our dollars or sit back and declare like a bunch of sissified whine bags that complain because the organization doesn't cater to every individual desire.

But what I have no respect for is people who cheer for the wins, and ***** about the losses and don't participate on the team.
    As a matter of fact you could say my " lack of repect" was complete disdain.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

NRA Member

if you were and stopped, why?
    if you aren't but plan to, why?
    I am a Patron member as well as a Golden Eagle. Life since '96. That's about as good as it gets. Oh did I mention retired UDT/SEAL?
    The NRA is our greatest voice in fighting for our Constitutional rights.
    Glad to be here.
    Last edited by TulsaJack; December 4th, 2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added something
    MASSIVE and joepilot like this.

When they offer a membership option where the only time they contact me is two months before my membership expires I will join again. It is not that difficult. But if they cant be bothered to create an option like that I guess they don't really need my money that much.

Seeing as how the poll currently shows 25% of respondents to this poll on a GUN FORUM are not members, and a lot of the non members are citing complaints similar to mine, you might think that an organization that could increase their membership by A THIRD might want to investigate that option.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    I donate to GOA (well, once.) but not the NRA, why? You know how we occasionally get into a conversation that ends up with me saying things like how Im pro choice or how Id rather Obama to Romney (Not that I wanted Obama.)? Imagine the reactions I get but In person. With guns. Not worth it. If the NRA was solely about guns Id be with them but they're not, they are a conservative group. Case in point, Bush got a A+ and Obama is the first politician in history to get an F from both the NRA and the Brady bunch.
    They are pro gun just not only pro gun and Im not saying that's a bad thing, its just not my thing.
    never heard NRA talk about abortion or anything. i think they do a pretty good job of simply rating politicians on their gun stances. there are democrats in WI that have A's from the NRA. Obama deserves a bad grade because of what he proposed in IL and has voted for like banning certain kinds of everyday ammo.

they are a conservative group
    This is just of my own personal observations, but I find that "as a whole" most pro-2A people I know are conservative. And few conservatives I know are anti-2A. Most liberal people I know are anti-2A. And very few liberals ("progressives" or what have you) I know are pro-2A.

Have you noticed that the vast majority of gun control activists are liberals and liberal groups?

I'm not suggesting there aren't those on either side that are on the other side -- There are most certainly many "D's" that support the 2A and serveral "R's" that don't do it any favors -- But there's also sort of a "rule of thumb" in there too...
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

never heard NRA talk about abortion or anything. i think they do a pretty good job of simply rating politicians on their gun stances. there are democrats in WI that have A's from the NRA. Obama deserves a bad grade because of what he proposed in IL and has voted for like banning certain kinds of everyday ammo.
    You do not give him a grade as President on what he did in Il. You give him a grade on what he is doing now. And by your logic he should have gotten an A by the Brady Bunch.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Re: Poll: Are you an NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You do not give him a grade as President on what he did in Il. You give him a grade on what he is doing now. And by your logic he should have gotten an A by the Brady Bunch.
    As a representative of his constituency, he did what I expect from my elected representatives, he echoed their beliefs.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Yeah, I'm a member. Their mail doesn't thrill me, but I can live with it.

I have many friends that occasionally torque me off or drive me nuts. But they are still my friends. I like the NRA.

Supporting other pro 2A groups is fine. However, I have never heard of GOA or RTKBA or another group petition and successfully argue and win a Supreme Court decision or impact the Federal legislative branch like the NRA.

Oh well, divided we stand, divided we fall.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I was a member for MANY years,,,, just could not see the value in their increasing cost.

well i might stop being a member now that i found out they are the "new kkk" and are giving kids drugs

Whitlock turns up personal attack on gun owners, calls NRA
    suntzu likes this.

yes

I was a member for many years. I, like so many here just got feed up with the phone calls, emails, mailings, and the rhetoric.

So I came up with a plan to make annual donations anonymously. I usually send them a money order, and leave it at that.
    suntzu likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links