I don't hate anyone in CA nor do I hate people in Haiti.
Originally Posted by Edward7
I choose to live in neither.
Sure, any one of the fifty states have problems; though I firmly believe Illinois and CA take the cake..and I DO blame the sheep who live there for allowing it to happen.
When a infestation occurs, it's time to leave the ranch and strike out...Just as we did 200 plus years ago and told the king to kiss off.
Intolerable living conditions or any condition that threatens life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness will lead to problems; serious problems.
Back to the original topic, doesn't suprise me. Maybe people are starting to wake up. Hopefully that'll be driving all the anti-gun crowd crazy.
My point is geographically 75% of Ca votes for conservative, personal responsibility, and family value issues. The other 25% of the state , that holds 75% of the population, has learned that they can vote for there own self interest. It looks like from the last election that the rest of the country is learning the same thing.
Originally Posted by miller_man
Its sad that people are leaving this once great state in such numbers. Even 20 years ago I would never have thought of leaving. Where I live I can ride a motorcycle 10 months out of the year comfortably, its mid December and I'm still mowing my yard in a t shirt here, more than 50% of the state is publicly owned and open for me to hunt, fish, ride my horses on and enjoy. If I planned my day well I could go snow skiing, water skiing, and surfing all in one day. Its just sad that this state has sunk this far this fast!
Ive heard a lot about voting out the bums that create this mess but Ca votes in districts. Since I don't live in there district I don't get to vote for or against them. The only hope I see for CA is splitting it into 3 new states. just my view, DR
I have a solution. First, give that useless Mojave desert to Nevada, to make their state nice and square. They can work with Az on the SE corner. Next, give the Southland back to Mexico, it's already infested with "La Raza" thugs and gangs, OR give it to Arizona and let Sheriff Joe clean it out. Take whats left, and remove a chunk for a prison and a dump, then whats left is the New California. I am on the new California/Nevada border but would accept either as my State.
Originally Posted by dangerranger
In 2011, 254 California companies moved some or all of their work and jobs out of state, 26% more than in 2010. One of the largest Biomedical research firms in the state has been relocating to Palm Beach County Fl. Can't wait to see the 2012 report of departures.
2011 total: 254 companies leave California | moved, companie - Business - The Orange County Register
Idk if I'd mind Nevada, but that might put me in Mexico! No thanks, I prefer enforcing the current boarders, we stole this country fair and square (sarcasm)
In Naisbitt's, Megatrends, a 1982 book about news analysis techniques from WWII as applicable to current peace time, California is a "bellwether": what happens in CA spreads to the rest of the country.
The rest of the country had its fill of CA some time in the last 30 years. It was maybe our budget and rolling blackout problems, or Arnold unable to restore common sense in spending. Heck, CA, itself, swung back on some things like (albeit with the huge food industry funding the opposition) the mandatory food labeling proposition that we just voted down.
Maybe I'm an optimist, but, at least with guns, Californians are waking up again. The posted article says this year is on pace for the most gun sales on record surpassing the 1993 post-LA-riot spike year. As was already mentioned, the article concludes, "A lot of people are just recently learning about what the Constitution says and the rights that we have and starting to exercise them now." If the courts don't, then with the pro-2A coalition, it's nigh time for the people to lead the politicians back to the Constitution and 2A.
One of the comments said it best: "I love it! More gun owners = more people educated about firearms. And that = more 2A rights for all."