Chicago Anti-gun politician arrested

This is a discussion on Chicago Anti-gun politician arrested within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My letter that went to the Chicago Tribune today: "Sen. Trotter trying to get on a plane with a weapon is Chicago hypocrisy at its ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Chicago Anti-gun politician arrested

My letter that went to the Chicago Tribune today:

"Sen. Trotter trying to get on a plane with a weapon is Chicago hypocrisy at its best. A city-based state legislator, who regularly votes with the anti-gun crowd on legislation like Illinois gun regulations and concealed carry, has been exposed. Sen. Trotter can carry a gun, but the rest of you, the great unwashed, are denied that right. He forgot he was carrying it after working the night shift at a security company. I never forget where ANY of my guns are, and if I were earning somewhere in the vicinity of $200K per year, I doubt if Id be working night shift security - unless I wanted an excuse to be carrying a gun. This story stinks on several levels and Id rather not have Donne Trotter occupying a Federal legislative position."
    "gettin' there is half the fun."

2. Remove Ads

I love that he got caught. I hate that he will get away with it. And you know that he will!

Tonight I will dream that he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Tomorrow I will wake up and face reality.
    oakchas and mprp like this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    This is a huge difference from how you posted on the chic-fil-a executive who got caught for the same thing. You don't want the book thrown at this politician?
    2 different people 2 different opinions. I realy hate that chicken place.

Typical "do as I say not as I do" politician who is above the law. Unfortunately he will get away with it. I can picture his conversation with the investigators..."so I was working security last night wink wink. And by the way how do you feel about your property taxes? Surely you're paying too much. Let me look into that."

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    2 different people 2 different opinions. I realy hate that chicken place.
    So you don't care about equality under the law?

Under the law? Sure, but not equality in my mind. As a private citizen I can hate anyone I want and I can hope he gets on of the judges that hate guns and would punish anyone with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    I love that he got caught. I hate that he will get away with it. And you know that he will!

Tonight I will dream that he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Tomorrow I will wake up and face reality.
    Well I'm willing to bet that if he receives as much flak from the public as Bob Costas did, there's a chance that he'll resign. Unrelenting ridicule and public humiliation seems to be the best tool for making people step down when no morals are there as legs to stand on and a logical defense can't be made. Ehh never mind, it's Chicago. That's what fuels them.

Well there's hope #2 I guess. Maybe it will shed some light on the issue and the people, (we know it won't be the politicians) will be made more aware of the existence of something called the freedom of self protection and would be willing to stand up and fight for it.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

He wont drop out look at the "legitimate rape" guys, politicians wont drop out for the betterment of their party or the people.

Then go with hope #2.

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Well I'm willing to bet that if he receives as much flak from the public as Bob Costas did, there's a chance that he'll resign. Unrelenting ridicule and public humiliation seems to be the best tool for making people step down when no morals are there as legs to stand on and a logical defense can't be made. Ehh never mind, it's Chicago. That's what fuels them.

Well there's hope #2 I guess. Maybe it will shed some light on the issue and the people, (we know it won't be the politicians) will be made more aware of the existence of something called the freedom of self protection and would be willing to stand up and fight for it.
    IDK. Outside of the gun community this is getting no publicity. I'll go out on a limb and predict the charge will be downgraded to a misdemeanor (if not dropped entirely). Trotter will spend 0 days in jail. In January he'll be in DC as an vocal advocate of Federal gun control laws. I have no doubt he'll still own and carry guns. Gun laws are for the commoners not politicians.
    Anubis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    IDK. Outside of the gun community this is getting no publicity. I'll go out on a limb and predict the charge will be downgraded to a misdemeanor (if not dropped entirely). Trotter will spend 0 days in jail. In January he'll be in DC as an vocal advocate of Federal gun control laws. I have no doubt he'll still own and carry guns. Gun laws are for the commoners not politicians.
    And that right there is what should cause an outrage. It's only what is accepted and is absolutely the opposite of what 2A stands for.
    rigel42 and ccw9mm like this.

VIP Member
    Like my dad used to say " more crooked that a barrel of fishhooks."
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Chicago Anti-gun politician arrested

Hmm... I suspect it was plated and from a Pawn Shop. Maybe a "Saturday Night Special"? Remember those? They were the Assault Weapons of the '70s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh darn!! I saw the title of this thread and was hoping it was referring to OBAMA!!!
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    Isn't that redundant?
    As is Chicago antigun pol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links