Gun Registration? - Page 2

Gun Registration?

This is a discussion on Gun Registration? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy ^^^^^^^^^Yup^^^^^^^^^^ First they will force you to register your guns. Then they will come to take your registered guns away by ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Gun Registration?

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^Yup^^^^^^^^^^

First they will force you to register your guns. Then they will come to take your registered guns away by force.
    That's my point. When I or anyone else purchases a gun we give our name,address etc...the gov already knows we own a gun. confiscation? The already have a list.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

A new gun. Not a used one. At least not in Utah.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    It's amazing how clumsy us gun owners are when it comes to water sports and being on boats.
    ElkSniper likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    My opinion is that the NICS check is a form of registration, whether we want to believe that or not.

And I will say this again for the benefit of the newcomers that are here...

Registration IS the first step towards confiscation.

There is no other reason.
    Bingo...... Filling out the BATF form when one purchases a weapon becomes gun registration, period. That form is in violation of the 2nd amendment, period.

So guess what we are in the first step of confiscation. For the most part a concealed carry permit(yet another 2nd amendment violation) is close to gun registration.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Ya'all act like there is a data base of info... ... but forget ... computers weren't always around and that easy to make data entries on the old mainframes , who's storage would have been on tapes that would be hard to dig up and check.
    If, they even did it at all. Anything past 15 yrs, would likely fall into that category. Good luck with getting all of them 'registered'.

If I remember correctly, the info on the gun you are buying is never given to NICS..... just Idenifying info to see if you are qualified to purchase one. I've had someone do a NICS check, and didn't end up buying the gun... what then ? Private sales, well.... tha'ts one reason the O-man and Brady Bunch are wanting that to stop...
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Ya'all act like there is a data base of info... ... but forget ... computers weren't always around and that easy to make data entries on the old mainframes , who's storage would have been on tapes that would be hard to dig up and check.
    If, they even did it at all. Anything past 15 yrs, would likely fall into that category. Good luck with getting all of them 'registered'.

If I remember correctly, the info on the gun you are buying is never given to NICS..... just Idenifying info to see if you are qualified to purchase one. I've had someone do a NICS check, and didn't end up buying the gun... what then ? Private sales, well.... tha'ts one reason the O-man and Brady Bunch are wanting that to stop...
    I believe the make, model and serial number of the guns are all listed on the form. So, they know exactly what you purchased, when you purchased and from whom you purchased. Oh, and I almost forgot...they know where you live.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post

So do you think BATF will have a hard time being able to access the records from gun dealers when they decide to confiscate our weapons. Please no one say that can not happen.

Below found on the BATF website:
    ATF continues to receive inquires regarding the records to be surrendered upon permanent discontinuance of business by Federal firearms licensees. If the business is being discontinued completely, the licensed dealer is required, within 30 days, to forward his records to the

ATF
    Out-of-Business Records Center
    Falling Waters, West Virginia 25419

The records consist of the licensee s bound acquisition/disposition (A/D) records, ATF Forms 4473, ATF Forms 5300.35 (Brady forms), ATF Forms 3310.4 (Multiple Sale), and records of transactions in semiautomatic assault weapons. If the licensee was granted a variance to use a computerized record keeping system, the licensee is required to provide a complete print-out of his entire A/D records.
    FFL Newsletter
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member
    In 2012 I've purchased around a dozen firearms and the only info on the gun my LGS provided during th NICS check was "long gun" or "hand gun".
    Sure the 4473's have more info, but of the dozen guns I purchased this calendar year, only 2 were guns I bought for myself... the rest were purchased to be gifts to well deserving friends, all of which I know to be legally allowed to own firearms and of good moral character... so those 4473's, for the most part, reference firearms I no longer own. ...and no, I do not require the recipients of gifts to sign a reciept.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Yep. It's pretty scary.

The "powers that be" have or are able to attain everything they need to confiscate (most) of the weaponry in this country from the citizenry.

Legislative gun registration I believe is a slight of hand to get our eyes off the real prize; a distraction if you will. We obviously already have a form of registration.

The oft quoted "...from my cold dead fingers..." sounds nice; though I wonder how many will have the will when the time comes? I fear the numbers will be less than most believe. It reminds me of the complaints we hear in the work place. "Let's march right up there 'en masse and tell the boss just what we think!"
    When you arrive at the bosses office and look behind you; all those cheer leaders have mysteriously disappeared.

I see and hear a lot of bravado from 2A advocates and wonder when the push comes to shove, how many will stand up from behind their keyboards?
    If we go by historical records of such times, I fear it looks bad. We'll see soon enough.

Many dance around this subject.

The Tea Party movement was interesting. Unlike the original tea party, it was a peaceful movement.

I have no question we are headed for another tea party.

The "boating accident" comments while cute, will not preclude you from (unreasonable) search and seizure; the Patriotic Act has already insured their ability to march into your home and search away with ZERO legal relief on your part.

I wish us all luck..and when luck fails; well...figure it out.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links