Top 10 Killers - Gun Control Statistics

This is a discussion on Top 10 Killers - Gun Control Statistics within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sorry about the tiny picture.... click on it to make it bigger.... FBI Top 10 Killers.jpg Bear in mind that FBI homicide statistics include "justified ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Top 10 Killers - Gun Control Statistics

Sorry about the tiny picture.... click on it to make it bigger....

FBI Top 10 Killers.jpg

Bear in mind that FBI homicide statistics include "justified homicides," such as self-defense.

....and did you see the part where, according to the FBI, bats are the number one weapon used in violent crimes.

Anti-bat: "That is so scary! We need to do something about that. There should be a law to ban baseball bats."

Pro bat: "Bats don't kill, people kill."

Anti-bat: "True, but if there were fewer bats, fewer people could use them to kill."

Pro bat: "If you take bats away from law-abiding citizens, only criminals will have bats."

Anti-bat: "I heard there was a statistic that if a woman owned a bat, she was more likely to be killed by her boyfriend using the bat than that she would ever use the bat for self-defense."

Pro bat: (speechless..... how can you argue with facts like that?)
    The Old Anglo and darbo like this.

Ex Member
    What kind of gun did O.J. use? How about John Wayne Gasey? Ted Bundy? Gee NONE used guns did they but they did a thorough job.

That is a great graphic presentation! I stole it.
    nedrgr21 likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    This is why I am not a baseball fan.

Seriously, this is great information for the person that has an open mind. Unfortunately, most "anti-gunners" don't care about statistics. It's an agenda item.

Alcohol is another example. The societal cost for alcohol abuse and irresponsible use is very large. Yet many anti-gunners will debate gun control over several drinks.
    Brad426 likes this.

^^^this! Anti's would raise high hell if there were talks of limiting alcohol use, yet alcohol results in many more deaths than guns (via accidents and illness). Heck the NFL is in the news again regarding a player death today...this time for a car accident with alcohol involved. You can bet your bottom dollar Bob Costas won't opine on the "evils" of alcohol...can't upset the sponsors
    BigStick likes this.

Great information thank you for sharing

Yeah saw this on fb last night. I'm scared of people who own baseball bats now!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    What kind of gun did O.J. use? How about John Wayne Gasey? Ted Bundy? Gee NONE used guns did they but they did a thorough job.
    Or Timothy McVeigh or the 911 terrorists or Lizzy Borden or Jack the Ripper.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Not all homicides are crimes. I wonder how many of those approximately 12K homicides were defensive
    shootings? Probably a small proportion, but needs to be categorized differently if making a value judgment
    on gun ownership.

The truly scary piece of information is that medical errors cause such a high death rate. I'm not surprised
    as my family members have experienced significant in-hospital errors, but that number is huge; about
    5 times the auto accident deaths each year.

On a side note--- cars today are hugely more safe than in the past. I recall that with far fewer cars on
    the road, far fewer drivers, we used to run about 50 K auto deaths a year. Seat belts, air bags, side door
    protection and roll over protection have really worked.
    Now we need to get our highway engineers to do a lot more about some pretty crazy roadway and intersection designs.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I have got to figure out how to conceal a baseball bat. And the spare one in case the first one fails! ;-)
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

What is the ORIGINAL source of this chart? I would like to read the details. I cannot find this chart or the data for it on either the CDC or FBI web sites.

Don't get me wrong! I am not a doubter, just would like to see the data for myself as I have been wondering about these statistics of late.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I have got to figure out how to conceal a baseball bat. And the spare one in case the first one fails! ;-)
    Ruger has just introduced its first bat for deep concealed carry.... the Ruger LCB

0-sports-baseball-B998_-_mini_-_bat_-_keychain_lg.jpg
    OldVet likes this.

mkh
    Cute but I bet none of those "facts" are accurate. Especially since it was on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    What is the ORIGINAL source of this chart? I would like to read the details. I cannot find this chart or the data for it on either the CDC or FBI web sites.

Don't get me wrong! I am not a doubter, just would like to see the data for myself as I have been wondering about these statistics of late.

I don't know. I've been looking for it myself. This, from Wikopedia, is the closest I've found. Click to make it bigger.....

Reasonsfordeath.jpg

Thanks for posting... In searching for related data, I did come up with this http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/LCWK9_2010.pdf which is an interesting read in relation to top causes of death per state. Still searching...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links