Repeal SYG laws..

This is a discussion on Repeal SYG laws.. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just came across this: Jordan Davis Shooting Death Reignites 'Stand Your Ground' Law Repeal Push Apparently there is a petition to repeal SYG out there ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kapnketel
  • 1 Post By noway2
  • 1 Post By pir8fan

Thread: Repeal SYG laws..

Repeal SYG laws..

Just came across this: Jordan Davis Shooting Death Reignites 'Stand Your Ground' Law Repeal Push

Apparently there is a petition to repeal SYG out there floating around. I hope someone spends the time to start a petition to support SYG

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What these Antis don't understand is STG does not mean automatic immunity. The FL SYG Review Panel has already supported the current law, suggesting only minor changes to prohibit armed HoA patrols.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    What these Antis don't understand is STG does not mean automatic immunity. The FL SYG Review Panel has already supported the current law, suggesting only minor changes to prohibit armed HoA patrols.
    Ha, that would require logic! They are only after disarmament.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Anything in the Huffington Post should be taken with a very large grain of salt.
    Rock and Glock and atctimmy like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    SYG works in my area, less crime across the board with the exception of shop lifting. Seldom hear of a convenience store/gas station holdup on US 1 since most of the store clerks are now armed in my area.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

The Huffington Post is barely more credible than a tabloid.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

While I totally agree that the Huffington Post is a hardly credible source for any news and is in essence a tabloid, people who can vote actually read and beleive this crud.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

Repeal SYG laws..

SYG laws are a good thing and they have their rightful place. Attempts to abuse them need to be handled accordingly.

Let's also be honest and point out that there are two elements opposing them: one, the anti that is opposed to the defensive use of guns in total, two those who wish to pull the race card.
    The HP article is oriented towards the latter. Hence the claims regarding things like 'people of color' and used as a defense in whites shooting blacks x% of the time but only y% of the time in blacks shooting whites. And my favorite, the comment about how blacks are automatically seen as a threat. Of course it is IMPLIED that this is racism.
    I am certain that the real data shows a more honest picture: that the vast majority those who were justifiably shot and SD was claimed were in deed committing violent crimes, and that this holds independent of color. If it is indeed true that blacks are committing more violent crimes than whites, which I am sure is true in some areas and false in others, it is not racism where it is true.
    With respect to seeing blacks as threats, one has to ask, is it the color or is it all of the other traits such as clothing, speech, posture and body language, and failure to behave like a polite citizen with common respect that make one appear as a threat, again regardless of color?
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Please don't insult tabloids! If you want to compare Huff & Puff to anything, try msnbc, abc, cbs, ny times, la times, wash post, useless today.....etc.
    Ryan8088 likes this.

RAL
    The HP article tried to make it seem like Davis and his friends were just listening to music. There was 1 mention of Davis and/or his friends making the first move by pointing a shotgun out of one of the SUV’s windows and then that issue is completely forgotten. At the end of the article it becomes, “a teenager listening to music in a car died” with no mention of the shotgun. Nowhere in the article does the ‘journalist’ say if a gun was found in the SUV by the police.

The article is just an anti gun, race card baiting, diatribe.

The fact that is almost never mentioned is that most crime against people of color is committed by people of the same color. It only makes the news when it’s a mixed race incident and then they try to make it all about race.

Sad that this kind of trash has an audience.
    ----------
    I have just done some more reading and no shotgun was found by police but there was time between the incident and when police arrived. The shooter did not call the police and left the scene. The shooter did not act appropriately. Bad all the way around unfortunately!
    Last edited by RAL; December 10th, 2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: no shotgun was found by police
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

Repeal SYG laws..

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    The HP article tried to make it seem like Davis and his friends were just listening to music.
    A few days ago, I was at a gas station. This, gentleman, pulls up to a nearby pump, leaves the car running, door wide open, with this 'boom boom (blankity blank half words - that - can't say in the forum) noise coming from the vehicle. This is what I thought of when I read 'listening to music'. Setting aside how just plain stupid this was.....

My question is, why as a society as a whole do we tolerate this unacceptable attitude or behavior?

Anti's will use any excuse to advanced their agenda. If the true facts just get in the way, they are ignored.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    The Huffington Post is filling the void of the Weekly World News, for those who used to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Anything in the Huffington Post should be taken with a very large grain of salt.
    I prefer ipecac myself.
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Links