Victory in Illinois

Victory in Illinois

This is a discussion on Victory in Illinois within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Court Strikes Down Illinois Concealed Carry Law - ABC News The legislature has 180 days to enact legislation allowing for CC....

Thread: Victory in Illinois

Victory in Illinois

Court Strikes Down Illinois Concealed Carry Law - ABC News

The legislature has 180 days to enact legislation allowing for CC.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Thats a good ruling, but remember IL is the most corrupt state in the country. I am guessing they will have the most "dumbed down" program they can muster. ( you can carry with permit just no rounds can be loaded or something to that effect) Now you want to put ammo in the guns also???

I hope they allow reciprocity with WI so I can visit my pals south of the border.

Just the start just because 1 federal court rules with you The Admin can get it right into another one. No party yet

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Thats a good ruling, but remember IL is the most corrupt state in the country. I am guessing they will have the most "dumbed down" program they can muster. ( you can carry with permit just no rounds can be loaded or something to that effect) Now you want to put ammo in the guns also???

I hope they allow reciprocity with WI so I can visit my pals south of the border.
    I expect they will drag their feet like D.C. did and do the absolute minimum they can. It will probably be two or three revisions before the court is OK with their new law.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Just the start just because 1 federal court rules with you The Admin can get it right into another one. No party yet
    But the 7th Circuit covers the entire state of Illinois. No other circuit has jurisdiction to hear the case. Their only options are to have it heard en banc or appeal to SCOTUS. While they might ask for it to be heard en banc, a large majority (better than 2:1 ratio) of judges in that circuit were appointed by Republicans. If one were to assume that they would rule somewhat along the lines of the presidents that appointed them, the ruling of the panel stands.

If they appeal to SCOTUS they have better odds theoretically but they run the risk of getting licensing and permits thrown out or gutted nation wide. It could end up with every state having to go "shall issue" or even "constitutional carry."
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member
    Already running here (and has been merged a couple of times already):
    Good: Illinois MUST pass concealed carry law
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Already running see above
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Sponsored Links