Here We Go Again

This is a discussion on Here We Go Again within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What a surprise..... Now since the latest Portland mall shooting, the AWB is being tossed around openly on the news. I'm more surprised at the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OD*

Thread: Here We Go Again

Here We Go Again

What a surprise.....

Now since the latest Portland mall shooting, the AWB is being tossed around openly on the news.

I'm more surprised at the response by the news anchor mediating the debate, that said: "Had someone shopping there been legally armed, at the time of the shooting, they could have stopped this from continuing once he started shooting people, by taking out the shooter!" Adding: "How can you blame the gun he used? He stole a gun, and went on a shooting spree with it. No amount of gun laws would prevent an act like that from occurring. And to say law abiding citizens can't own guns like the one he used is preposterous!"

WOW....never would of thought I'd ever hear a news anchor on Fox say anything even remotely transitive to that.

Then the person defending our 2A rights said: "So if this guy would have used a handgun and a shotgun instead of an AR would you be in favor of banning those too?"

The opposition had no eradicated response to that, but just continued on her rant about clips, automatic firing guns, and the typical uneducated anti-bombast's they spew.

It's funny how these anti's talk smack about things they know nothing about!

Oh you can buy anything you want at a gun show without getting a background check....WRONG / well in some States it's partly wrong if it is a PRIVATE TRANSACTION SALE and doesn't involve an FFL dealer but you don't need to do that private transaction sale only at a gun show in some States anyways.

The automatic weapon that the shooter used is designed to only kill people and has no value in being used to hunt animals with in the woods....WRONG

The assault rifle the shooter used can shoot thousands of bullets at a time with just one pull of the trigger....WRONG

Anyone can own any automatic assault rifles they want....WRONG / semi-auto yes automatic no not without a special permit and some States regulate how many rounds your mag can hold and how long your barrel has to be. Even some handguns mags, shotguns, and rifle capacities are regulated in some States.

"This unstable person steals a gun, shoots up a mall, and it's the firearm's laws fault? That's ridicules!!....now on to other news." was the news anchors final quote on the subject.

This Oregon Mall Shooting was a very awful, terrible, dreadful, horrendous, senseless, absurd act of violence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My heart goes out to those whom were hurt by this dumb coward and too the family's of those victims!!!!
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 13th, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Very well said!
    I live just north of Portland in the Couve, and while watching the news coverage after the fact was really frustrating.
    Reporters saying things like "The suspect ran through Macy's with an Assault Weapon.......or something" (literally said those exact words), Blatently stating he was wearing Body Armor (completely false......Tac vest and black clothes and a mask) and "He was carrying an automatic weapon....er....Semi automatic weapon when he entered the mall"
    Seems like they say what will strike the most fear into the sheeple FIRST and then restate what is closer to the truth after the fact.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this tragedy. It is a shame that this happened but it just goes to show that you cannot be of the mindset that you don't expect these types of things to happen! We cannot go through our lives in fear, but we do need to realize that these things are possible any place and at any time and is a prime example of why we need to arm ourselves with the knowledge and training on how to react in these types of scenarios.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    WOW....never would of thought I'd ever hear a news anchor on Fox say anything even remotely transitive to that.
    It's the only network I would ever expect to hear anything even close to the truth dealing with firearms or our 2nd Amendment rights.
    Rock and Glock and msgt/ret like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Links