The safety illusion of "no guns" signs

This is a discussion on The safety illusion of "no guns" signs within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The signs are just a do nothing method of giving the sheep a warm fuzzy....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The safety illusion of "no guns" signs

VIP Member
    The signs are just a do nothing method of giving the sheep a warm fuzzy.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

In Connecticut the signs carry force of law. Just as a previous poster wrote, I now take my business elsewhere.
    Last edited by NewtownSam; December 14th, 2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Grammar

Just don't forget to leave your "No Guns = No Money" cards behind when you leave.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Accepting the illusion of safety is a human fallacy. We want to believe. When someone makes a promise, even when it contains no substance, we reach out and embrace it.

...unless you are a realist. And I never met a gun owner that wasn't.
    ValpoHawkeye likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

1. We, the honest, law abiding citizens are the only ones following the sign's instructions. Or are we?

2. If you see the sign and take your business elsewhere, follow up with a letter or email to management or ownership. The card isn't enough. You don't know if it was tossed by some part-timer or shown to the boss. And don't think that you can do nothing at all. When their revenues are down, they will blame the economy- not the anti- gun policy for their lack of business.

A bit off track, but this goes for every aspect of business. Had a bad meal? Bad service? Don't just leave a small tip. Call the manager the next day and tell them you'll not be back and why. As a business manager, I can't be in the store all the time and I appreciate the feedback. If you just go away, I have no idea why. And far too many people do just that - they say "I'm never going there again. It sucked" but don't tell the business why they left. Of course they won't change what's wrong. They don't know what's wrong!

A very rare few people truly beleive that these signs will prevent a BG from bringing a gun in. Almost all people who put signs up are for idealogical reasons, liability issues (perceived or ture), and because some feel that not every person is competent carrying a weapon legally as proven by the ND's and AD's we hear about all the time.

Useless debate IMO because we all agree on this subject (that is why people post signs, not if they should or not)
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links