Trade capacity for national recognition?

This is a discussion on Trade capacity for national recognition? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just a thought I had. With the current gridlock in washington I was just wondering what if anything gun owners in general would be willing ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Trade capacity for national recognition?

Trade capacity for national recognition?

Just a thought I had. With the current gridlock in washington I was just wondering what if anything gun owners in general would be willing to give up. Im not saying we should or will. For example, Maybe give in on magazine capacity and recieve national recognition on ccdw. Another idea is paying a tax on ammo or firearms, paying for a safety program in all public schools and having a federal permit. Just some thought's but not endorsing any.

2. Remove Ads

There ya go, give them a foot in the door. Just gonna come back later and demand more.

I'm not willing to give up one inch in the name of 'compromise' when it comes to a right that shouldn't be infringed upon in the first place.
    OD*, BenGoodLuck, Sarge65 and 6 others like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Absolutely no new restrictions or targeted taxes. Period.

Im in no way saying we should, just trying to get an idea where people stand on this. I might be in favor of capacity restrictions if I could carry anywhere and everywhere I go. I would feel much better carrying 10 rounds all the time than 15 rounds sometimes.

The original income tax in 1913 was 1% for income over $3,000 (equal to around $70,000 now) and a 6% surtax for income over $500,000 (equal to around $11.5 million now).

New taxes on guns/ammo? NO! Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.
    bmcgilvray and zacii like this.

I think we may be headed in that direction anyway with taxes. I for one would be willing to pay a little more for guns/ammo if that meant our children would be exposed to gun safety in school. Im sure the NRA would be more than happy to provide the instructors for a "small fee" of course.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    Just a thought I had. With the current gridlock in washington I was just wondering what if anything gun owners in general would be willing to give up. Im not saying we should or will. For example, Maybe give in on magazine capacity and recieve national recognition on ccdw. Another idea is paying a tax on ammo or firearms, paying for a safety program in all public schools and having a federal permit. Just some thought's but not endorsing any.
    Gun rights have absolutely nothing to do with current government gridlock, and their forfeiture would do nothing to ease it.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I hear every day on the news complaints about the "fiscal cliff" and how the president needs to compromise. Does that not apply to guns. Not trying to start a fight but trying to get the point of view from this forum. Would we not be better off giving in alittle to gain more. If we would be proactive we will be better off. Lets turn the tables on anti-gunners. Offer a bill restricting capacity to ten rounds, in exchange for national recognition of cc. Let the opposition vote down a bill giving them what they want.

Once a camel gets his nose in the tent ....

These idiots should focus on the important things and let the law biding citizen alone! They have take enough!
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Absolutely positively without a doubt NO!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    I hear every day on the news complaints about the "fiscal cliff" and how the president needs to compromise. Does that not apply to guns. Not trying to start a fight but trying to get the point of view from this forum. Would we not be better off giving in alittle to gain more. If we would be proactive we will be better off. Lets turn the tables on anti-gunners. Offer a bill restricting capacity to ten rounds, in exchange for national recognition of cc. Let the opposition vote down a bill giving them what they want.
    If you offer up ten, should you not be willing to settle for five? After all, a five-shot snubbie is more than adequate for what any reasonable person should need in the average self-defense situation.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I understand everyones point, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to suggest any of this. The reality is, laws can be passed with or without the pro-gun groups. Should we not try and get the best deal we can now before we dont have the option.

I want less government as a general rule. If the government would catalog all the power they intend to return to the people first, I might think about it for a second. Then the second would pass and I'd still say "no".
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Well, since there is gridlock on a whole host of issues, next to which 2A pales, I suggest nothing!

Why anyone would agree to anything with our dysfunctional administration and their allies is beyond me. They are frauds and liars and will do anything to achieve their poorly thought out goals.

Other than that, what could possibley go wrong? <Sarcasm OFF>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links