Good article on Gun Laws

Good article on Gun Laws

This is a discussion on Good article on Gun Laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm always looking for unbiased and yet still interesting news reporting sources.. and im not sure which direction this one leans.. however I did notice ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By OldVet

Thread: Good article on Gun Laws

Good article on Gun Laws

I'm always looking for unbiased and yet still interesting news reporting sources.. and im not sure which direction this one leans.. however I did notice that the article seems to take a fairly neutral stance on the issue of gun laws and whether or not they really are the solution to a problem.

Synopsis: Maybe we should be looking at ways of restricting access of firearms to the crazies that shouldn't have them in the first place.

Can Gun Laws Save Lives? : Discovery News

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The problem is simple: Gun control laws are totally ineffective because criminals don't care about laws. Pass any law you want and they'll break it because they can. Those who obey such gun laws invaribly suffer the consquences of those who do not.
    BigStick, Caertaker and ccw9mm like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

absolutely.. stealing is illegal but thieves do it anyways..home invasion is illegal yet burglars still burgle.

Laws affect the law abiding only.

We need to identify and stop the crazy people from having access to firearms before tragedy.. but then again.. there are already laws for that.

Who decides which people are risks and which aren't? That's the danger in any proposal designed to keep firearms out of the hands of dangerous or unstable people. I can easily see a nation where those in support of a particular government are granted access and opponents are denied their rights and deemed "risks". Our current tyrant's minions are already doing just that by labeling conservative groups "terrorists" while ignoring the threat from left wing fanatics. Now we're seeing returning service men and women denied their right to keep and bear arms.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The problem is simple: Gun control laws are totally ineffective because criminals don't care about laws. Pass any law you want and they'll break it because they can. Those who obey such gun laws invaribly suffer the consquences of those who do not.
    I wish I could like this more than just once. Well put and spot on.

And just look at where they are going to with deciding who should be denied access to firearms. If you were in the military, and now have trouble dealing with your finances, "they" want to declare you a mental defective, and take away your rights without a chance to even defend yourself. Yeah, that's a good way to get people to ask for help when they need it...

No, I don't like the idea of the government deciding who gets which rights.
    Walk softly ...

Links