Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control! - Page 3

Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control!

This is a discussion on Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty Where do you get he used an AR15 all I've seen reported was 2 handguns that were registered to his Mom ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Where do you get he used an AR15 all I've seen reported was 2 handguns that were registered to his Mom
    Thr AR was found in the trunk of his car, it was not used in the shooting.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Anti-gun mayors, pols move fast to exploit ‘soft target’ tragedy

Anti-gun mayors, pols move fast to exploit

Quote Originally Posted by From Alan Gottleib, of CCRKBA and SAF
    "How many more tragedies does it take before we do something,” he demanded. “How many more children have to die before this country realizes that No-Gun Zones create perfect locations for violence? You can not stop criminals and mad men with laws, you can only stop violence with the fear of armed victims."
    Darrow75, RETSUPT99, mprp and 1 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Here's a letter I just sent off to my local rags:

I weep for the victims of Sandy Hook, and for all those who preceded them. My sadness however turns to rage when I think of how easily such events could be prevented or stopped before there is such a huge loss of life. Hundreds if not thousands of lives could have been saved, and could be saved in the future, if only these sick criminals did not have the opportunity to act in advertised “gun free zones.” Very few mass shooter events have happened where citizens have not been barred from lawful armed self defense. Schools, colleges, malls, government buildings and states with restrictive firearms laws have all been the locations that deranged gunmen have felt safe to dispense death on a horrendous scale. Gun control has been proven to be an abject public policy failure. States with relaxed gun laws are consistently ranked at the low end of crime data tables. Now is the time to face the inconvenient but obvious truth that the possible presence of armed citizens reduces the chances of suffering all types of violent crime. The Principal of Sandy Hook Elementary School exhibited a warrior's heart when she rushed the shooter on December 14, 2012. She just did not have the tools necessary to effectively defeat him, and died an heroic yet needless death in the process. He went on to murder 20 children and five other adults. Our legislators must eliminate “gun free zone” laws which only affect the law abiding, and empower the citizenry to act against deadly threats. The criminal views such laws with contempt, and empowerment. Until medicine and society find a solution to evil, evil must be met with force. When I next drop my young sons off at school, will we be forced to die like sheep? I cannot deny the possibility, because my gun will be locked under my car seat, instead of on my belt, as required by law. As a father, as a law abiding citizen, this is simply unacceptable. Yes, I weep, not just for the victims, but also for the lost opportunity to save lives and stop evil.
    Stormin1155 likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Interesting factoid:

75% of murders in the USA are committed with handguns.

4% with shotguns/rifles.

The ONLY answer to these kinds of attacks is "ARMED VICTIMS".

Michigan appears to be working on common sense laws...

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...posed_for.html

... Allow concealed pistols in so-called “gun-free” zones -- such as churches, schools and sports stadiums -- for those who receive extra training.

The smart politicians need to be pushing for these kinds of changes in gun laws!
    Darrow75, mprp and Pistology like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Here's a great site with "gun control" stats - Gun Control - Just Facts. But, when it comes to fear / emotion (as opposed to logic), it won't matter to most people what the facts really are.
    Stormin1155 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    Interesting factoid:

75% of murders in the USA are committed with handguns.

4% with shotguns/rifles.
    Here's some more statistics for you:

Every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes.

6 percent of all drivers involved in fatal crashes during the week were drunk driving crashes, compared to 31 percent on weekends.

Alcohol impairment among drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2010 was four times higher at night than during the day.

Should we ban vehicles, alcohol, weekends or night time? Maybe we should just ban 'em all to be safe...

I hate to get in the middle of the politics behind this awful event but to no big surprise, CNN has increasingly concentrated on the guns used as the day has gone on and the "reporters" are increasingly injecting their opinions on gun control into their "reporting" therefore I sent them the following short email even though I know it will do no good. I just wanted to let them know that I have an opinion too and that as news reporters I should not be getting their opinions forced on my while trying to get more information on this tragedy. Here is what I wrote them.

"Please stop calling your show Newsroom if you are going to keep repeating your ill conceived opinions about gun control. If you are truly a reporter you have no business offering your opinion on the air. You are to report the news. Nothing more. Nothing less.

My heart breaks for the victims, their families and the community of Newtown, but I just don't see how this awful tragedy could have been avoided with further gun control measures. Connecticut has some of the most strict gun laws in this country and these laws did nothing to stop this massacre.

Criminals are not concerned with breaking laws and therefore further laws restricting gun ownership will only affect law abiding citizens, making it even more difficult for us to effectively defend ourselves against the evils of this world.

Instead, we should be looking more deeply into the issue of mental illness and proper treatment of the mentally ill before tragedies like this can happen. The signs are there long before a violent outburst occurs but the friends, family, co-workers, school system, etc. either are not paying attention or choose to ignore the signs."

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Here's some more statistics for you:

Every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes.

6 percent of all drivers involved in fatal crashes during the week were drunk driving crashes, compared to 31 percent on weekends.

Alcohol impairment among drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2010 was four times higher at night than during the day.

Should we ban vehicles, alcohol, weekends or night time? Maybe we should just ban 'em all to be safe...
    what percent of automobile deaths are caused by folks who seek to kill another person with a car?

what percent of gun deaths are caused by folks who seek to kill another person with a gun?

see the difference?

In the latest news release, the two handguns were never fired, and in fact, all shots were fired from the Bushmaster.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Everyone is looking for an answer, so a tragedy like this would never happen again? Post the Ten Commandments in every classroom and recite them with the pledge of alligance...My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    In the latest news release, the two handguns were never fired, and in fact, all shots were fired from the Bushmaster.
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    It's still early, yet. I have yet to see where the official data from the police investigation report has been published. Until then, until the ballistics tie to the guns in question, it's likely all supposition.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Everyone needs to step back, take a breath, and try to relax.

Our hearts have all skipped a beat and we have been numbed yet again, by a real-life horror.

When I first heard my mind went blank. Chills ran up my spine. I called my wife, my children, and other loved ones to just say “I LOVE YOU!!”

How could someone perpetrate such an inhumane act, as gunning down a classroom full of kindergartners?

Upon hearing of this travesty, we all instinctively rush towards the Five-W’s; who-what-where-when-and fore most why? It’s human nature.

From the very first Breaking News reports, to today’s most current news, the reported facts of this tragedy keep changing.

The shooters name, how many injured, who was hurt, how many lost their lives, how many perpetrators, what did the shooter use, how did he get in, how did he obtain the firearms, etc??

First they reported he used an AR because they found a .223 spent casing. Then they said he only used two handguns. Now they say they found an AR in the trunk of his car but he didn’t use any rifles, just handguns. First it was he only used used two, then four, then three, than again only two handguns.

Maybe that spent .223 brass found on scene was from an LEO that saw him and put a round or two in him for good measure?

And yet again now, the latest reports are now implicating that: A) the shooter was at the school days before his rampage and had confrontational words with some of the staff. B) the shooter then went to a local sporting goods store to buy firearms but had to abide by the required waiting period laws so he canceled his purchase. C) because of the schools security system he forced his way into the school. D) because he couldn’t legally purchase the firearms he wanted to use within his heated time frame he stole them from his Mother.

Referring to “B” above, it appears that the gun-laws now emplace did their job and do work because in his heated sick mind he had to wait out the cooling-off period. So he was forced to commit a crime by stealing firearms to commit his sick act of terror, which in doing so, I’m guessing, that his Mother tried to resist and he was possibly forced to unfortunately murder her now too??

Did he killed his own Mother to steal her guns to do this?….what a sick < the moderators wouldn’t allow such a noun >.

So what new gun laws, that are not already in place, would of or could have prevented this?

We need to step back and yes……..wait for all the pieces to fall into place. Why? Because, the PIO’s release of information keeps changing as their investigation continues. But instinctively, as human sociology prevails, we search for some explanation, to feed our need for instant gratification’s, to satisfy our curiosity, and too help relieve that punch in the gut we felt upon first hearing about this tragedy.

With every passing moment as the LEO community continues too dig deeper, at every follow up presser, some new facts are released and some previous ones change to correct any post misinformation.

So try and relax, as hard as it is, because it may take days, weeks, or months for the real facts to come out, and some things may never be released.

Take time now, to hug your loved ones. Take time now, to enjoy doing happy things and spend quality time with your children. Tell all those you know: “I Love You!!” Live is too short not too. Life is too short to hold grudges. Call someone right now and say: “I love You!! I’m thinking of you!!! Let’s get together soon!!!!” So before it is too late, just do it so you don’t regret not doing so.

Here’s a new Gun-Law to consider. Remember the Guardian Angels? Well maybe if we were allowed to form a “Sheep-Dog’s Alliance” and through acquired training, they could shoulder AR15’s in public, crap like this could be avoided?

Please be safe out there people!!

And; God….help those affected by this horrid act get through it, if that is even possible. All those children and adults lost, words can’t explain that sorrow, that hollow whole in the hearts of those whom lost their loved ones and dear friends, can never be healed and they will never be forgotten.

What an awful day for humanity.

What an awful assault on mankind.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links