Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control! - Page 6

Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control!

This is a discussion on Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Joe Lieberman just said on Fox News Sunday there should be an AWB....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 98
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control!

  1. #76
    Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,884

    Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control!

    Joe Lieberman just said on Fox News Sunday there should be an AWB.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive


  2. #77
    Member Array Pangari1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    36

    Re: Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control!

    You act surprised DG?? Bozo said he was going to do it before he got re-elected. Now we KNEW they were gonna push after this.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

  3. #78
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,336
    Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    This is not a political discussion, it's a Constitutional / inalienable rights discussion.
    IOW, prepare to be "alienated."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  4. #79
    Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,884

    Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangari1 View Post
    You act surprised DG?? Bozo said he was going to do it before he got re-elected. Now we KNEW they were gonna push after this.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    No surprise here. Just putting it out there.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

  5. #80
    Senior Member
    Array DaveWorkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    637
    Pistology and Doghandler like this.

  6. #81
    VIP Member
    Array Pistology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast LA Cty
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Moving and excellent articles by yourself and by David Codrea, which you link. The pen is mightier, and I'm glad we're on the same side. I hope all DC members read these for resolution of the meaning and responsibility of our freedoms.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

  7. #82
    Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North of the Line
    Posts
    1,219
    Dear Pythius:

    With All Due Respect; it is of no value to me, too reply to you with inclusions of any of your quotes because, most if not all, hold no water, and I am truly confused by your attempts at logic?

    As I've posted in previous threads, it is useless to try and reason with an unreasonable mind set. It reminds me of a story my Sensei once told me.

    It went like this: "Grasshopper.....Never try to teach, a cat to whistle. It wastes your time and, it only annoys the cat!"

    I do feel bad though for this, because yes, even Trolls need to be fed too.....now and then

    Respectfully Posted By: Zamboni

    Sidebar To All Moderators: sorry bout this valorous try of a respectable post but hopeful it will or may; be interpreted as a palpable learning experience?

  8. #83
    Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami Florida / Michigan
    Posts
    1,261

    Re: Now is ABSOLUTELY the time to talk about gun control!

    the government can't in force the laws we have now regarding guns. How will new ones help?

  9. #84
    Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North of the Line
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    the government can't in force the laws we have now regarding guns. How will new ones help?
    Please define help?

    If you mean?

    Will it help the Brady Bunch feel better a boot themselves, within their own ranks and, give their cult all a warm-fuzzy victory? YES

    Will it help quell ANY gun crimes? NO

  10. #85
    Senior Member
    Array DaveWorkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Moving and excellent articles by yourself and by David Codrea, which you link. The pen is mightier, and I'm glad we're on the same side. I hope all DC members read these for resolution of the meaning and responsibility of our freedoms.
    Very kind of you. Please feel free to forward those links from me and Codrea to everyone you know.

  11. #86
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,336
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    the government can't in force the laws we have now regarding guns. How will new ones help?
    Please define help?
    Seems clear the meaning was that since the vast array of existing statutes cannot be effectively enforced already (and/or is deliberately circumvented via the courts' squeamish dislike for stiff sentencing), what's the point of yet more statutes that (by implication) will also be just as unlikely of being effectively forced.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  12. #87
    Member Array vanagonnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post

    Good artical, I didn't know there was any reporters/writters alive that still wrote the facts.

  13. #88
    VIP Member
    Array Rob99VMI04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    Chicago's ban on firearms within the city limits is kinda useless, as there are no walls surrounding Chicago.

    no, I'm not calling for such a thing, but you get my point. Local gun laws are kinda useless when surrounding states have much looser laws. Only national laws make a difference.
    Your argument is terrible. There are some walls up on the border and armed border patrol using UAVs to watch our border. Yet thousands of drugs cross our border each day. Why don't we just make a WORLD law stating drugs are illegal. This country has 50,000 gun laws. The shooter in Conn broke at least 44 laws please enlightened us on the 45 the law that the shooter would have stopped and said I'm not going to break this one?

    Just an FYI the worst school massacre did not involve guns.

    Also the worst domestic terrorist act inside the US that killed 19 children and 149 adults was a Truck, with fertilizer, and Diesal fuel.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

  14. #89
    VIP Member
    Array Rob99VMI04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    comparing automobile deaths to gun deaths is illogical.

    most automobile deaths are accidental.

    most gun deaths are on purpose.
    So are you saying that its worse for somebody to die from a gun than to be run over by a car? Just an FYI almost all the Self Defense shootings are counted in your "Gun Deaths statitics" by your logic one could argue that all those "gun deaths" where never intentional. No law abiding CCW holder, or home owner using a gun to protect their home wakes up in the morning and says man can't wait to get into a gunfight today!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

  15. #90
    Senior Member
    Array DaveWorkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    637
    Dancing in the ....

    Anti-gunners push ‘wish list’ agenda over Newtown

    Gun prohibitionists across the country and at all levels have evidently decided to push their full agenda in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy, and no better look at the strategy can be found at Crosscut, where former Seattle City Councilwoman Tina Podlodowski offers suggestions.

    Anti-gunners push

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best ak 47 drum magazine

,

defensive gun uses per year

,

gun control xd forum

,

joe lieberman gun control

Click on a term to search for related topics.