Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason - Page 2

Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason

This is a discussion on Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by noway2 Because if the day we commonly refer to as SHTF day does come, a handgun or a shotgun won't be enough ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Because if the day we commonly refer to as SHTF day does come, a handgun or a shotgun won't be enough to stop the hordes that are hell bent on taking both your food and your daughter.
    Don't tell that to Bob Costas. I just watched the segment from when he was on Peirs the other week. He says that there are people that are setting on munitions in fear that the government will turn to tyranny and these people think they are going to fight it off. He then goes on to say that these people shouldn't be making decisions about policy.

Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    From Piers Morgan's December 14th tweet;

"Why does any civilian in America need a weapon that can fire 100 rounds of ammunition at rapid speed? Give me ONE good reason?"

What's your response to Piers' challenge?
    It is a confused question.
    1. We aim , that implies percision. Speed is needed for cover fire, to engage multiple targets quickly etc.
    2. Capacity
    multiple Targets
    hard Targets
    Cover fire
    Hard Targets ( this can include body armor such as the Hollywood shootout)

He is implying one is going to fire a 100 rounds all at once. That is seldom true, any more than having a big gas tank implies I am going to use it all at once.

Just look at the number of rounds fired by police in an encounter vs hits. Add to that multiple targets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You'll be telling your grand kids about the days of the wild wild west when Americans own guns . They will think you are nuts.
    One more justice and it is all over you can not argue it he said he would do it and you can count on it. One more.

Because the Second Amendment allows (even mandates) it. What kind of guns do they think are protected by this amendment? Simply the biggest, baddest mofo of a musket you could get your hands on. The modern equivalent would absolutely be the meanest AR you could procure for yourself.

FWIW, it doesn't appear Lanza's rifle was even used: it seems to have been found outside in his vehicle.

Piers Morgan is here, in the U.S. because iritating cry-baby types are too plentifull in the U.K. He will be far more noticeable in America, doing what he does best , pointing fingers and whining. In doing so.... he's rewarded with a 6 figure income.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    NRA member..... S&W mod. 58; Colt Gold Cup 1911 ( brite blued); 8 in Colt Python (nickle) ;/ SCAR 17s ( black); My ride... Jeep Grand Overland
    ..41 Magnum.........'cause shooting twice is silly.

I defended America and OUR constitution. I have no idea what P did so "frankly P I do not give a damn what you think or want" You are NOT a US citizen so buzz off!!!!

Just my two cents.
    KBSR likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    From Piers Morgan's December 14th tweet;

"Why does any civilian in America need a weapon that can fire 100 rounds of ammunition at rapid speed? Give me ONE good reason?"

What's your response to Piers' challenge?
    "Give me one good reason why anyone in Great Britain needs a sharp pointed knife." http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...HMCE_CL_001734

"Give me one good reason why anyone needs a car that can exceed the speed limit."

"Give me one good reason why anyone needs a net worth of $20 million." Piers Morgan Salary 2012 | Celebrity Net Worth

"Give me one good reason why anyone needs to own two homes."

Then I could devolve into more pointed things like "Give me one good reason why American soldiers died to protect England from a German invasion."

What I'm driving at is that Piers Morgan is clueless about America, its freedoms, and Americans. What's sad is that you take people who have fled oppressive societies (I'm thinking of some Viet Namese refugees) who embrace our country in whole, yet you get some over-paid and mentally flatulent talking head from a government-dependent society like England and he finds fault with what he sees here. Worse, he uses his air time as a bully pulpit and moronic viewers keep sucking it up.

Back to Morgan and his question, I am reminded of an old saying that "a fool in a minute can ask more questions than a wise man can answer in a lifetime."

But let us not let idiots like Morgan define the argument; let's bring it to him.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I grew up in England. Piers Morgan made his living in the UK from sensational journalism, he's just found a new country that hasn't yet grown tired of him. Give it time and he'll move on to Canada.
    Rock and Glock and wmhawth like this.
    Don't bring a knife to a gun fight...unless it's strapped to a gun.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Never heard of the guy, must be a left winger. IMO it is none of his business as to why I need/have any type of magazine. Our fore fathers came to America to escape the stupidity of the English. I think, if he dislikes our beliefs he should board the next plane to England.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

In case a group of incredibly boring British twits invades my home. It would be my duty and privilege to make sure none of them live to appear on TV's in America.

VIP Member
    I refuse to accept the premise of the question.

By coming up with a reason you accept the premise that there must be a reason to own a weapon.

Don't fall into such traps.
    wmhawth, zacii, MamaMaria and 1 others like this.

TOF
    The lefties promoting gun laws/control to save the children are the same ones that press for abortions on demand. They kill more children every hour of the day than were killed yesterday.

Both causes of death are atrocious.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

IMO...................Jackweed..........why would I even watch him or those other openly acclaimed wierd men on CNN.

Well, considering you could be up against multiple assailants, those extra rounds could become extremely critical/handy to have!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Because inailienable rights do not come with quantity limits.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links