Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason - Page 3

Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason

This is a discussion on Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My reply would be: "Give me one good reason your pompous ass shouldn't be sent home to England!"...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason

VIP Member
    My reply would be: "Give me one good reason your pompous ass shouldn't be sent home to England!"
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The whole discussion is stupid. Any firearm can fire 100 rounds at rapid speed with a little practice. Any that couldn't would have some obvious limitations as a defensive tool. Why am I allowed to have a car that will go 160+ mph? Why am I allowed to drink liquor? Why am I allowed to think the mean and nasty thoughts that occasionally run through my head when people annoy me? Come to think of it, what's stopping me from cheating on my wife?

Man guns are just the tip of the iceberg. I guess we need all kinds of new laws.
    aus71383 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    What's your response to Piers' challenge?
    Go back to your side of the ocean and take your opinions with you. If America, its laws and values, offend you, then just hop the next flight back to where you came from.
    Cleandean and DPro.40 like this.

The second amendment........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by nmbr5ml View Post
    The whole discussion is stupid. Any firearm can fire 100 rounds at rapid speed with a little practice.
    And even if we're speaking of some other number for a magazine limit, whether that be 100rds, 50, 30, 12, 10, 8 or whatever, all it takes is swapping of mags to have the reload. At worst, all it's going to do is require that someone daring to kill others swap mags a bit more often. It's not as though that's a difficult or time-consuming step. So the number of pockets in the vest will need to allow for a few more mags to be carried. It is a silly premise, you're right, the idea that a magazine/capacity limitation will have much practical impact on what a motivated murderer is capable of accomplishing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The London Riots.
    DefConGun likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Why do you need a gun that can fire 100 rounds at rapid speed?

If you're a bad shot.
    Happypuppy likes this.

Because constantly reloading my limited 10 round magazines to keep up with the BGs 30 round magazines puts me at a very big disadvantage!
    rmxer85 likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    First - what is his definition of "rapid fire"? I suspect a muzzle loader meets his definition. Second, as others have stated, I don't need a reason. My Constitution allows me to have firearms to defend myself. We parted ways with the Brits a while ago (Piers might want to read OUR history books and compare them to his for a refresher) and declared our independence from his empire. Third, he needs to read his own copy to see instance after instance of multiple attackers terrorizing innocent victims. We choose to use firearms designed to STOP THE THREAT wherein threat is NOT defined or quantified.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Because I want to is the only reason I need.

I seen his show last night where he went on a rant......he was babbling about the AR-15, why the mother owned the rifle, said the kid used it in the school on everyone when it was still laying in the backseat of the car.........he kept using the term assault weapons.....I really did not know that a Sig Sauer or Glock was classified as an assault weapon ??? These anti gun nuts need to get all the facts in a row before going on national TV and just going off. I love how they keep repeating the term semi-auto, like it is weapon only used by by law enforcement and military...........lack of knowledge.......hell, a man that is good with a speedloader could do a lot of damage with just a simple old fashioned revolver...!!!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    You'll be telling your grand kids about the days of the wild wild west when Americans own guns . They will think you are nuts.
    One more justice and it is all over you can not argue it he said he would do it and you can count on it. One more.
    Some people already believe it would be like the wild wild west if Americans were to carry everywhere. In the Piers Morgan segment where he talked to Bob Costas last week, Costas refers to the idea that people make when they say they keep guns for safety. He says if that were true then people would always have guns on them at all times; i.e., at the supermarket, getting gas for your car, at the library, etc. Costas is completely oblivious to the number of carry concealers in the country that do in fact take their guns everywhere (where its legal to do so) and in spite of this, horrible tragedies do not ensue because of it. To Costas, it would be like the wild, wild West if you were to take your gun with you everywhere.

Redcoats...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    From Piers Morgan's December 14th tweet;

"Why does any civilian in America need a weapon that can fire 100 rounds of ammunition at rapid speed? Give me ONE good reason?"

What's your response to Piers' challenge?
    I'd like to know how this sniveling drip even makes a difference
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    I'd like to know how this sniveling drip even makes a difference
    Piers Morgan is NOT the end-all and be-all to everything but he is a talking head that the antis get talking points from when they form their rhetoric. Its important to know what the antis are saying if we're going to have a defense or even go on the offense. The things you'll hear Piers Morgan say tonight are going to be the things your work colleague, aunt, sister-in-law, supermarket bag-boy reiterate tomorrow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links