Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason

This is a discussion on Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From Piers Morgan's December 14th tweet; "Why does any civilian in America need a weapon that can fire 100 rounds of ammunition at rapid speed? ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Piers Morgan Wants 1 Good Reason

From Piers Morgan's December 14th tweet;

"Why does any civilian in America need a weapon that can fire 100 rounds of ammunition at rapid speed? Give me ONE good reason?"

What's your response to Piers' challenge?

2. Remove Ads

I can't.

Multi-person home invasions are a good example of how having increased firepower can help thwart impending violence.

I can't recall the incident specifically, but IIRC a couple years ago there was a homeowner who saw "invaders" coming to his home in force, and he repelled them with several weapons including a lawfully-owned machine gun. The encounter was caught on the security cameras. I'm betting he was pretty relieved to have such an ability, instead of politicos denying him every right to do so.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

He won't accept any answer. He is absolute in his Brit beliefs that no civie need a gun. It's a common thing amoung the 'anti's'.

All you can do is relay the history of why the 2nd admandment was emplemented in the first place. That's a google look-up.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Piers does not understand, clearly, being a Brit and all. We don't need a reason. Why doesn't Piers return to Britain, where he can be happy with the gun control?
    goldmaster, mano3, ccwguy and 3 others like this.

My response:

Sorry I don't have to justify myself to him, or anyone else.
    If he doesnt like that ,,,, there's always a return flight to England as
    an option.

I want one good reason why Piers Morgan is popular.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Katrina Irene Sandy LA Riots (Koreans really appreciated their AKs)

World War II in which Americans sent arms to Britain to protect their Homeland.

If you fight fair your tactics suck!

Same reason cops or military needs them.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Multi-person home invasions are a good example of how having increased firepower can help thwart impending violence.

I can't recall the incident specifically, but IIRC a couple years ago there was a homeowner who saw "invaders" coming to his home in force, and he repelled them with several weapons including a lawfully-owned machine gun. The encounter was caught on the security cameras. I'm betting he was pretty relieved to have such an ability, instead of politicos denying him every right to do so.
    Good call. With Piers being familiar with the news cycle, you would think he'd be aware of such things.

This is from his December 14th tweet made at 2:24 P.M.

"No American needs more than one firearm at home to protect themselves under 2nd Amendment."

First of all it is none of his business what I have as long as I'm doing no harm to anyone. If I want it, it is my right to have it. I don't have a gun that shoots 100 rounds, but it is my right to have one if I so choose. My question to him would be, why would anyone need a vehicle that can attain speeds in excess of 100 mph. Yet, pretty much any car or truck you own is quite capable of that.
    Personally, I think both are pretty stupid questions.

Donnie D
    niks and Piratesailor like this.

Because of sissy panty wastes like you Piers.
    mr.stuart likes this.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    - Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
    DefConGun, zacii, wmhawth and 3 others like this.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Piers needs to get off his rant. He was almost foaming at the mouth last night. Poor John Lott has been on the show twice that I know of and doesn't get a word in edgewise debating Piers and the other rabid antis he gets on the show.

I wouldn't feel obliged to respond to Piers' challenge as to why I need anything. In fact it might be time to send this Redcoat home.
    zacii likes this.

1 good reason:

Self defense from mobs/gangs/armies/cartels, et al.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Because if the day we commonly refer to as SHTF day does come, a handgun or a shotgun won't be enough to stop the hordes that are hell bent on taking both your food and your daughter.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links