Let these people mourn, let them be.

This is a discussion on Let these people mourn, let them be. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What happened Friday in Connecticut is tragic. What is happening now is another travesty. Politicians coming out of the woodwork to push their agendas and ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By rmilchman
  • 3 Post By varob
  • 1 Post By rmilchman

Thread: Let these people mourn, let them be.

Let these people mourn, let them be.

What happened Friday in Connecticut is tragic. What is happening now is another travesty. Politicians coming out of the woodwork to push their agendas and using Friday’s events to push these agendas. Let these people morn, let them be.

Once people have had a chance to grieve and the events are analyzed it will be seen that no laws could have prevented these events. At least 7 laws were broken by the killer.

1 – He was mentally unstable (as stated by his brother), which means he could not legally own a firearm.
    2 – He was under 21, could not legally posses a handgun.
    3 – He stole guns from his mother.
    4 – He killed his mother.
    5 – He brought a firearm onto school property.
    6 – He forced his way into the school.
    7 – Committed murder.

It is sad and it is tragic, but the fault lies with his mother. The guns should have been secured where he could not have access to them.
    Miamieddie likes this.
    Glock Armorer

2. Remove Ads

It seems like a simple safe might have prevented this tragedy from happening.
    Azchief, ccw9mm and Dangerfield like this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I think both sides of the gun control issue are angry at each other right now, blame the other for what happened, and are lashing out.

The "pros" believe the restrictions placed on gun-owning citizens allowed people to "feel" they were safe and a killer uncontested access to commit his crime.

The "antis" believe the gun industry is responsible for putting dangerous guns in the hands of people, and if we just banned all firearms in the US we wouldn't see things like this happen.

It is very said that a $300 safe could have possibly saved 26 lives.
    Dangerfield likes this.
    Glock Armorer

I agree with the (safe) if the mom were alive today she be serving a life time imprisoment today... Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    It seems like a simple safe might have prevented this tragedy from happening.
    I posted this in another thread yesterday.

Something that may help is if we, as responsible gun owners, keep our guns locked up at home and not tell anyone (family members also) the lock combination or where the key is. Please understand that I am not at all shifting blame for the shootings. But if an individual is force to ask to use one or must purchase a firearm, someone might see warning signs with the individual. When my son was a senior in high school he came home after being out and wanted one of my guns because a small group of other kids in high school had assaulted him. I was not home but my wife was. My guns were locked up and my son (and wife) did not know how to open the safe. When he had to ask my wife how to open the safe, she was able to settle him down and called me to talk to him. My son is not troubled and has never acted that way again. His emotions got the best of him that night. My son might be in prison or dead if my guns were accessible to him that night.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Links