The Million Man Email. Let's be ready and pro-active for our 2A rights

This is a discussion on The Million Man Email. Let's be ready and pro-active for our 2A rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are always strength in numbers and most of us on the gun forums are very passionate about our 2A. IMO I'd say there are ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ppkheat
  • 1 Post By ppkheat

Thread: The Million Man Email. Let's be ready and pro-active for our 2A rights

VIP Member

There are always strength in numbers and most of us on the gun forums are very passionate about our 2A. IMO I'd say there are many many more pro gun forum members than there are anti gun forum members. The internet gives us a big advantage! If all of us various gun forum members will sync, communicate and galvanize we can flood legislators offices with pro gun emails and phone calls. Cheap and easy to do.

This Christmas, gift a membership to someone, so they are a member of some pro gun organization.

To combat any anti gun agenda, don't wait on someone else to fix this for us, WE have to be proactive and step up to the plate and do our part. Pro-gun legislators will love to hear that anti-gun legislators are getting their emails full from us.

Let's use this thread to post sample letters that would be easy for others to copy/paste/modify for their own use.

Also place for appropriate links (This is a good one ----> A principal and his gun). I think there is a good NRA-I link that gives suggestions on emailing your legislators. That would make a good link here also, maybe someone can look it up and put it in this thread somewhere.

Maybe someone could also find some convenient links that will help our members get the email addresses to their Representative and Senators. If your Rep or Sen happens to be anti-gun, don't give up on that, let them hear from you !!!

How about some viable ideas and suggestions to prevent mass shooters in our emails that would be alternatives to the knee-jerk ideas of more gun control.

Let's be revved up and ready to roll. In fact I don't see anything wrong with communicating to legislators right now that we don't want more useless AWB or gun control laws.

Most of us are members of other gun boards as well as this one. Maybe some of ya'll would like to carry the ball and get this Million Man Email thread going on at other boards as well.

We have the members, we have the passion, let's use it, let's don't lose it !
    blanco64 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    In fact I don't see anything wrong with communicating to legislators right now that we don't want more useless AWB or gun control laws.
    Already done. Both Senators and my Congressman. Kept the messages short so that they don't have to spend a bunch of time reading, just letting them quickly know my thoughts. I want them them going into tomorrow ready with the knowledge that there are a lot of people who think we already have too many restrictions on our 2nd amendment rights, and more would just make things worse.

VIP Member
    I just got my Senators and Congressman's email from this:

Contacting the Congress: A Citizen's Congressional Directory

It was easy, all I put in was my zip code, and I got all three's phone number, fax number and email address. I'm sending my email right now.....short, respectful and to the point.
    Rawah likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

+1 Blanco... Short messages will be read much more reliably than the longer (albeit more thorough and well thought out) letters. Keep it short and sweet, and simply state the purpose. And it cant hurt to throw a brand new Mercedes in the envelope as well. Cuz thats really what effects change.

VIP Member
    Another good link added here as a resource. One of the most powerful tools we have is contacting our legislators. We want our suggestions to them to be loud and clear, they are essentially the only people in the US who can deter undermining our 2A rights. They need to hear from us.

NRA-ILA | Grassroots

New Member Array surviveanything's Avatar

2nd amendment needs your help

Please help me post this petition everywhere you can
    Please vote the petition and forward this email to everyone you know. We are trying to prevent gun bans and violation of your 2nd amendment constitutional right and we have very limited time. We need to collect 25000 signatures by January 16th of 2013. Our fore fathers strongly believed in the right to bear arms and we should too. This is a part of our great American success and freedom. Help me send a message to our President and Congress to vote against the ban. Thank you for your time and consideration.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...s-ban/7d3fXL4q

VIP Member
    Hopyard mentioned in another thread that he heard that a "faxed" statement to your legislator draws more attention than email. I don't doubt that, however I have always received a reply from posting a message to them via their website. So someone is getting it, and by all means send them something from you in some way that supports your 2A wishes.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's one of the best, most informative threads running right now on DC, it has a great story by Grossman that should be a must-read by every Congressman......let's see that members of Congress get it multiple times from us.

Must Read on Stoping School Shootings.

Links