Stop the whining and speculating

This is a discussion on Stop the whining and speculating within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm on this forum, and join me in writing our congressmen. I just wrote to my Senetor, Mitch Mconnell, Rand Paul, and, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Stop the whining and speculating

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    on this forum, and join me in writing our congressmen.
    I just wrote to my Senetor, Mitch Mconnell, Rand Paul, and, to House Speaker Jim Boehner and told them what I wanted to see happen.

I also offered suggestions such as a tax credit to gun owners for the purchase of a gun safe.

Don't just fret and worry, stand up and get involved!
    Don't just whine and complain, offer solutions to the elected officials.

And regardless of your sensitivity to unwanted solicitation, the NRA is your best friend.
    I tried to give you more than one like, but it wouldn't take it.

Agreed with what you stated, I started a similar thread. Note my signature line. Probably one of the smartest things we can do is get active and vocal.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Wrote my Senators and Congressman over the weekend.

The safe credit is a good idea. I also think we need to push for allowing staff and school faculty, who have been trained, to be armed at schools - at a minimum.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    My Senators are John F. Kerry and Elizabeth Warren....you think I should contact them?
    Mine are Feinstein and Boxer. I did.
    KoriBustard likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Mine are Feinstein and Boxer. I did.
    Okay, I'm convinced. I'll contact both offices.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    My Senators are John F. Kerry and Elizabeth Warren....you think I should contact them?
    Maybe if they get buried under an avalanche of pro gun letters it may prevent them from returning to the senate and voting.
    ppkheat likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

This thread is right on the money. Speak up, be heard, give money! If not your freedoms and rights will dissolve. No time to waste.
    Thanks for the thread.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    My sentiments exactly... Spouting pro-gun retoric on a pro-gun site is preaching to the choir. Only by making our views known to those that make the laws en masse can our voices be heard.
    Nicely, discussion on such forum can help clarify issues in the minds of those who opt to take a next step. One of the most useful function of the boards, IMO. Agreed, that only by taking full and complete responsibility for such thoughts and ideas ca those be heard in a way that matters.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

No Tax Credit for Being Responsible

Disagree with tax credits for gun safes. No one should have to incentivize responsible behavior. If you cannot properly secure your guns then, perhaps, you should not have them.

Well I've just sent my letters off, probably directly to the circular file. I suppose the only thing worse would have been not doing it.

Stop the whining and speculating

I emailed our new Senator Ted Cruz(R) who will be representing us here in Texas and I also emailed John Boehner and let him know how I felt about more gun laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Appreciate the link to the NRA's site for contact names etc... Just wrote one letter, sent it to all three of mine. I'll copy and paste my letter if anyone wants to save a brain cell or two. Might help someone, maybe.

"As your constituent, living in Saucier, MS, and voting for a straight Republican ticket for as long as I can remember, I'd like to know that you would strongly and vocally oppose any new gun control measures brought on by the tragic events of last week.

No law would have or could have prevented that evil person from committing that atrocity. I cried for those babies, parents and teachers, and I've prayed for all involved, to include the law enforcement and other first responders that had to work that most horrific crime scene. Nothing in life, and no training prepares someone to deal with that. Nothing.

And now the liberal democrats, and others are going to use this horrible event, in an attempt to take lawfully owned and possessed firearms away from law abiding citizens. It's wrong, won't fix a thing, and it will only prevent people from defending themselves.

A bad man with a gun can only be dealt with effectively by a good man with a gun. A gun by itself can do nothing. We must focus on reality, and not add laws out of emotion.

I'd like your assurance that you are going to stand firm against any new laws, like high capacity magazine bans, or so called assault rifle bans. (no such thing as an assault rifle, or an assault knife, or an assault rock).

Thank you for your time."
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links