Stop the whining and speculating

This is a discussion on Stop the whining and speculating within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; on this forum, and join me in writing our congressmen. I just wrote to my Senetor, Mitch Mconnell, Rand Paul, and, to House Speaker Jim ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Stop the whining and speculating

Stop the whining and speculating

on this forum, and join me in writing our congressmen.
    I just wrote to my Senetor, Mitch Mconnell, Rand Paul, and, to House Speaker Jim Boehner and told them what I wanted to see happen.

I also offered suggestions such as a tax credit to gun owners for the purchase of a gun safe.

Don't just fret and worry, stand up and get involved!
    Don't just whine and complain, offer solutions to the elected officials.

And regardless of your sensitivity to unwanted solicitation, the NRA is your best friend.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

I plan to do that myself, though I am sorry to say I think I know which way my "representatives" would vote on this issue...

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I plan to do that myself, though I am sorry to say I think I know which way my "representatives" would vote on this issue...
    Most likely. But you may be able to have some impact on their decision.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

When I'm not otherwise "whining" here on DC, I'm certainly writing and communicating with my congress-critters at the state and fed level. Have been for a couple decades, now. Hasn't appeared to do a damned thing, except in a couple instances, but you never know. I'm betting on the "sea change" effect due to heavily rising tides.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsor
    Here is an easy way to send a message!

NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

Thanks,
    Clay

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I'm in agreement with glockman. Gun owners tend to be a special breed in the sense that we are more independent, individualistic, and less trusting of government to perform earnestly on behalf of our constitutional rights. However, I'm an NRA member (and a GOAL member -- Massachusetts gun rights organization) and make additional contributions. Join the NRA and contribute to other groups that will fight for our 2nd Amendment rights. And by the way, regarding solicitations from the NRA, I contacted them and told them I did not want to receive any materials not related directly to NRA membership and business and since that time I've received nothing (no DVDs, no life insurance promotions, nothing).
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Well said and am on board with that. Goodness knows it will have no impact here, but that wont stop me. Just renewed my NRA membership as well.

I like the safe credit idea. Safety and not some ridiculous legislation. Bonus for doing good instead of being punished for someone else bad. Hope we have legislators out there who still use logic.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I totally agree with the idea about credits for purchasing safes.

We need to get in front of these issues and be pro active instead of being reactive.

On topic: I've written and called my C-man and Senators till Ilm blue in the face. I personally would rather wait till these innocent babies are buried before I start bombarding my legislatures with my views and ideas on the issue.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Took care of it early this morning.

Cheers
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    My Senators are John F. Kerry and Elizabeth Warren....you think I should contact them?
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Stop the whining and speculating on this forum, and join me in writing our congressmen...
    My sentiments exactly... Spouting pro-gun retoric on a pro-gun site is preaching to the choir. Only by making our views known to those that make the laws en masse can our voices be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    My Senators are John F. Kerry and Elizabeth Warren....you think I should contact them?
    No. I think you should move.
    KoriBustard and Lish like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've got a couple of new ones coming on line with the next year, so I'll send forth my message after New Years. Thanks for the motivational (?) speech, Glockman10mm.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsor
    Yes, maybe if enough people contact them they will pull their heads out (unlikely). But if they only hear from people that want gun control they will think they are fully representing their constituents.

Good luck!
    Clay

VIP Member
    ABSOLUTELY....YES !!!!

They have staff that give them pro/con reports on phone calls/emails on various issues as they surface.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links