Check out this poll

This is a discussion on Check out this poll within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Paymeister ...or too few moose to keep us calm... I hope you don't mind, but I am going to make absolutely certain ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Check out this poll

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    ...or too few moose to keep us calm...
    I hope you don't mind, but I am going to make absolutely certain that I find an appropriate time to quote this.

Paymeister likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Please, the Daily Kos?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Wow, that poll is like a Chicago ballot box, you can vote as many times as you wish.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

The preamble to the Constitution says, “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. It does not say, we the government and it does not say we, the former patriots of Canada or Great Britain. The frames of the Constitution had thousands of years of tyranny to base the constitution on. If you do not like it, go back to where gun ownership is regulated to your liking. But, for a moment let's throw this calculation/factor into the mix regarding the difference between US and Canada. To the south of the US is Mexico. How many deaths in the US can be attributed to the drug violence caused by the drug cartels and drug businesses? To the south of Canada is the US. How many gun related deaths are prevented because we stand in the way of Mexican drug cartels affecting the gun related death ratio?
    God said, "Fear Not..." over 350 times in the Bible, so, fear not those who can take your freedoms away. Rather, fear the day that no one will fight to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Please, the Daily Kos?
    Exactly.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Senior Moderator
    And I'm supposed to care what a bunch of cold Canadians think because?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Well, 201 people responded to the poll. Who gives a flying rip.

paymeister: Thanks... and Welcome!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

Check out this poll

The poll is now up to 279, 137 of which are no.

In order to find this article and poll I had to specifically search for the author. It is also 4 days old which puts it about 10 pages down from the top on this site.

Dailykos is a left, almost hard core Progressive blog. As an individual who goes left on some issues not dealing with guns, I do enjoy some of their articles. However, the comments I have seen in many of the myriad of anti-gun posts on that site in the last few days honestly make me sick. I have seen a lot of comments along the lines of 'I don't care about their rights, I want to impose a ban on them'.

As much as I detest their desire to ban guns, I wish I could say that I didn't frequently see the same kind of remarks on other issues resonating loudly in the gun forums.

The way I see it is that we need to stand for the rights, freedoms, and privileges of all people and to allow them to make their free choices, even those we don't agree with or find distasteful. In the end, isn't that what this current fight is all about, individual freedom?

So, let's vote up their site and let them get a result they don't expect. Maybe a few of them will take note, but I wouldn't put much in a Kos poll.

Excellent analysis. One tiny flaw. We don't know the homicide rate in the UK. They don't report a death as a homicide UNTIL a perp is captured, tried and convicted. This being the case, their homicide rate could easily be three times higher than than it appears.

Don't forget that any and all SD are considered Homicides as well.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Newsflash! This just in....We the people don't want to be like any other country! I'm getting sick and tired of hearing how great it would be if we would just give up our rights to be like someone else.
    miller_man likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links