Rights Eroding

Rights Eroding

This is a discussion on Rights Eroding within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't like my user name. I chose it for the simple reason to keep the topic in the for front of our minds. I'm ...

Thread: Rights Eroding

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Rights Eroding

I don't like my user name. I chose it for the simple reason to keep the topic in the for front of our minds.

I'm sure many have seen the following scholarly essay.

ALL THE WAY DOWN THE SLIPPERY SLOPE: GUN PROHIBITION IN ENGLAND AND SOME LESSONS FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES IN AMERICA

As I re-read it last evening, I was amazed how it is now appearing as a blue print for those who desire to disarm American citizens.

The media (INFOTAINMENT) is sensationalizing nearly every shooting with false information and then comfortably attaching gun control to their so called
    (news) reporting.

After the incidents of the last few days, I am alarmed. Today I read about 2 Kansas City police officers killed in the line of duty.

News agencies everywhere are reporting how the U.S Supreme Court will no doubt revisit the issue of the right to carry.

These forums are great; but lets face it...anti 2A people don't come here often if at all.

I for one will use all my resources, meager as they are, to not only support 2A advocacy with my money and time, but to talk about it as oft as is possible to anyone willing to listen far beyond this forum.

To believe "it can't happen here" is dangerous. To fall back on arguments concerning the number of guns in the U.S and how difficult it will be to disarm us is faulty thinking.

2A is under attach like never before.
    Soon, all rights will be under deep attack. It is NOT just a 2A issue anymore.

With full realization I am preaching to the choir, lets get off the couch and move to the front if possible.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    ...I for one will use all my resources, meager as they are, to not only support 2A advocacy with my money and time, but to talk about it as oft as is possible to anyone willing to listen far beyond this forum...
    OK, maybe I can break loose some cash, and maybe some time. Got suggestions on how I should join you?

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    OK, maybe I can break loose some cash, and maybe some time. Got suggestions on how I should join you?
    You just did. Supporting the NRA, ILA are great starts. They have far more teeth than I on capitol hill.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Links