NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far - Page 2

NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

This is a discussion on NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dbglock And what I'm sure of is that they're a bunch of cowards afraid to issue a statement offering condolences to the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    And what I'm sure of is that they're a bunch of cowards afraid to issue a statement offering condolences to the grieving families for fear that their words will be used against them later. But they sure are lucky to have friends to make up excuses for them about lawyers and smoke, etc.
    A gun organization saying anything after a shooting would just show a lack of class. They were wrong to do it after Columbine and they're right not to do it now. Anyway anti gun people are jumping in every direction right now, it's better for them to take time and be careful. Look at all the people looking foolish right now because they're speaking before all the facts are out

I am disappointed in the NRA, they have the opportunity to take a leadership role in solving this massive problem and yet they do nothing
    They have been doing what they do for a really long time, and quite effectively I might add. I still have all my guns and ammo, can go more today if i so choose, not overly concerned as of today at 2:20 pm 12/17/12.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogien View Post
    I am disappointed in the NRA, they have the opportunity to take a leadership role in solving this massive problem and yet they do nothing. I've seen 2 Republican representatives say that "Gun Control" is definitely on the table and to think otherwise is foolish. I'm not entirely in disagreement with them but I believe that if rules are to be made that it would be best that we as the gun owning community be the ones to offer up some solutions instead of circling the wagons. We are only going to marginalize ourselves otherwise and as far as the NRA is concerned, I feel they are really dropping the ball on this one as it really is a golden opportunity to make the best of a really terrible situation.
    Don't you think it would be wiser to have all facts determined by an investigation and maybe allow parents to bury dead children before making moves and issuing bold and possibly foolish statements? I'm glad the NRA isn't shooting from the hip on this one.

VIP Member
    With all of the bad reporting out there. I can understand. Lets get the facts. Why are the politicans even talking about control now? They should still be grieving?

I have watched so much one sided news about the lefts view that I am sick of it. Obama is great..., no, he is not. Guns kill..., no they don't. Only crazy people want guns...., wrong again.
    God said, "Fear Not..." over 350 times in the Bible, so, fear not those who can take your freedoms away. Rather, fear the day that no one will fight to save them.

NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Not one pro gun or 2a congressman or senator has spoken a word that I am aware of.....This silence speaks volume's about what is about to happen in Washington...listen carefully and you can hear some of your rights leaving the building.....after all
    we have the right to bear arms....Washington will decide what arms you have a right to bear.
    http://www.salon.com/2012/12/17/anot...n/?mobile.html

I would consider their silence a sort of "combat patience," waiting for the right time to address the issue/attacks. Deactivating their FB page keeps them from unwanted "hate posts" and allows people to focus on the victims and their families, and not on the gun/no gun controversy. Just MHO.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member
    They are right to keep quiet and mourn like everyone else except for the grandstanding politicians who make me sick. They don't need to be debating things publicly right now, everyones focus should be on helping those families.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm still in disbelief of what happened. I'm only about 20 minutes away and everyone around has heavy hearts. Right now isn't the time to be debating what was the cause and what should or should not be done.
    DPro.40 and OD* like this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    We all knew, or should have known that this was a distinct possibility, maybe a probability, and the day would come when something like this would happen, again. So, no, I am not shocked or in disbelief. I am sad and angry at the perp and those who refuse to see danger looming, and Evil for what it is. I have a letter to my representatives in the works right now, as should we all.

We really need to nip this in the bud. We as a nation are standing at a 2nd Amendment crossroad right now. How we deal with this shooting and the current calls for yet more restrictions, will set the path we travel for the next generation at least. Down one path lies more and tighter gun control laws and infringements. Down the other lies the possibility of finding and correcting the flaws in our culture that produce warped and damaged individuals. The current battle in this war is to guide our nation down the path that has a chance of correcting our true problems. With the current ascendant popularity of firearms in this country it should be doable. All we need do is to speak with one voice, in unity, a grassroots voice asserting our rights and calling for proper action to get at the root causes of this type of behavior. I believe the causes are rooted in the lack of ethical and moral standards along with a general unwillingness to educate ourselves and take responsibility for our government. I mean responsibility not as accepting blame or fault but in its literal sense of "ability to respond".

There are other impediments to correcting our social ills, not the least of which is the state of our economy and the need for two-income households. I believe I'll save that topic for its own thread however.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    The NRA..It rolls off the tongue so easily. They are NOT the cure all for 2A advocacy.
    They have in the past been a great help but I fear some of their teeth are beginning to show signs of age.
    Don't put all your eggs in one basket. There are other groups AND...
    I prefer the good 'Ol US paper mail when writing your representatives. Email is way too easy to just delete.
    Thousands upon thousands of paper letters flooding a senator's or reps office has far more impact.

Up to this point the NRA and "other" pro 2A groups are doing the right thing. The emotional fervor of this country is running in overdrive.
    Attempting a logical reasonable discussion at this time is impossible as so many are blinded by the emotion. All normal.

Now; the fight takes place in the ring; NOT in the rhetoric leading up to the fight.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    They'll probably get together and change the wording of the 2A to read:

"the right of citizens to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed"

Then they'll make sure to point out that they didn't ban tank tops or muscle shirts.
    No tank tops Bob. Those can be classified as wife beaters if their white in color and can and will be banned
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    When you hire an attorney to fight for you, you have to realize at some point they know more than you do about law and procedure.

So you sit your ass down and be quiet and let them do what they do best.

And stop all of this senseless hand wringing going on this forum.
    For Gods sakes, you would think we have lost before the fight started.

^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

Edited for language;
    Bluto: Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?
    Stork: What the hell are we supposed to do, ya moron? We're all expelled. There's nothing to fight for anymore.
    D-Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
    Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
    Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
    [thinks hard of something to say]
    Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
    [Bluto runs out, alone; then returns]
    Bluto: What the heck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my
    butt from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
    Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these buffoons. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
    Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
    D-Day: [stands up] Yeah, I agree. Let's go get 'em.
    Boon: Let's do it.
    Bluto: [shouting] "Let's do it"!
    End Quote

Guys, we have a lot of very intelligent people on our side, lawyers, legislators: lets let them try and take care of business.
    There is a lot of compelling facts FOR firearms, lets let them use these facts.
    The Second Amendment isn't dead,........yet.
    Keep the faith.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Anything the NRA says right now will be a rallying cry for the opposition. They also showed restraint after Aurora, just expressing sympathy for the victims and their families. I don't have a problem with that approach. The NRA's work is being done by the Bloomberg's and Obama's right now. Those two are doing more to solidify the pro 2A lobby than anyone else right now.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

The NRA's work is being done by the Bloomberg's and Obama's right now. Those two are doing more to solidify the pro 2A lobby than anyone else right now.
    Bloomberg....what an idiot. We should have seen this coming when he took Big Gulps away from New Yorkers'.....

I'm the one who started this thread.

I personally am loosing respect for the NRA over this. I think they should have sent their condolences to the victims and families and said we are going to work with the president to help find ways to keep guns from getting in the hands of mentally ill and criminals. Something like that anyway. I'm sure it could be polished.

I'm a life member and fine it extremely disrespectful to the families that they have not said anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links