NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far - Page 3

NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

This is a discussion on NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by sbebenelli I'm the one who started this thread. I personally am loosing respect for the NRA over this. I think they should ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

Quote Originally Posted by sbebenelli View Post
    I'm the one who started this thread.

I personally am loosing respect for the NRA over this. I think they should have sent their condolences to the victims and families and said we are going to work with the president to help find ways to keep guns from getting in the hands of mentally ill and criminals. Something like that anyway. I'm sure it could be polished.

I'm a life member and fine it extremely disrespectful to the families that they have not said anything.
    I havent respected the NRA in a long time, and it started after Columbine when they made a statement before the bodies were even cold. If they take part in the debate right away, everything they say will demonize them, and they know that. There are even more people on the fence right now about guns than there were a week ago. They need to be careful

Just reading some of these posts makes it clear why the 2nd Amendment is so easily attacked.

Divided loyalaties and intestinal fortitude issues.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Just reading some of these posts makes it clear why the 2nd Amendment is so easily attacked.

Seems like they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post

Nobody perpetuates the divide between american gun owners more than the NRA. They've become more of a conservative mens glub than a gun rights organization. After a while it gets tough to defend a group with people like Ted Nugent running their mouths, and that doesnt address the fact that liberal gun owners(and there are a lot) are not exactly made to feel welcome by your average NRA member. It may not be policy, but there is an attitude that there are more prerequisites to being a member than just caring about gun rights. Which is the only thing that should matter. They could start by putting classier people on the board.
    keboostman likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I do not always agree with the NRA, but without them, think where we would be as respects gun control. They have been the biggest impediment to stricter and more onerous gun control measures than any other group. Kind of like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Just upped my membership...............the 2A is bigger than all of this.

Distinguished Member
    I contribute to the NRA, SAF, OFF (Oregon Firearms Federation), and multiple forums. I'm not a "all eggs in one basket" kind of guy.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

As of the poll from a few weeks ago, I was on the fence about joining the NRA for the reasons mentioned above, especially about them being pro conservative instead of pro-2A. I have decided that come the next pay day, I am going to join adding my name and $30 to that of the 4 million others.

Distinguished Member
    They have released a statement.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Re: NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

So it is true. The world is going to end December 21st.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

VIP Member
    I haven't read everything in the thread, but I'm up against time and wanted to get this in before I have to leave for the evening.

In my non-forum life I do quite a bit of work for/with the NRA and I'm an election volunteer coordinator for my local congressional district. As the NRA members here should know, from time to time the EVC's have their email and phone numbers published in the NRA magazines. As a result of this I have personally received dozens of emails telling me just exactly how useless I am as well as a couple of less than pleasant phone calls. I can only imagine what it has been like at the NRA headquarters since this happened. I can understand wanting to get all of their ducks in a row before they hit the public stage for what promises to be a monumental fight.

That said, I am an NRA life member and frequent PVF contributor because I expect the NRA to be out front leading the fight. Other groups take a more hardline stance and are more "favored" by many of the dedicated members of gun forums and others in the gun community. But the NRA is, without question, the most effective gun rights organization on the planet. Friday wasn't the day for political statements. Over the weekend the left jumped on what they saw not as a tragedy but as an opportunity. The NRA should have come out Monday morning with a statement, released a few pointed facts and statistics, and then announced a press conference. Instead they waited until this afternoon to announce a press conference in 3 days and said nothing else. They are leaving the supporters and activists to fight without direction or leadership for 6 long days. The damage that can be done in this time frame is unimaginable. While the Brady campaign and their cronies are mobilized and pounding their members of Congress we're doing nothing.

For the first time in a very long time I am very disappointed in the NRA. I can only hope that they realize the errors they've made and started a dedicated campaign to keep our rights in place and that starts at the press conference they've announced.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

GH
    Anything the NRA says will be interpreted by the left as if they asked for the expended brass casings found at Sandy Hook School to be used for reloading purposes. I sincerely hope they come up with some really good points in their press conference. Meanwhile all the viewers on the left & the news media will be looking for drag marks on the knuckles of the spokespeople.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Re: NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.
    This statement worries me. The NRA isn't 100% behind the 2A.

Even they sound like they're prepared to concede. Remember, it ain't about compromise, because the antis aren't gonna give up anything. It's all about the concession of our freedom. Beginning with the freedom to defend ourselves with effective, modern weaponry.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links