NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far - Page 4

NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

This is a discussion on NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by zacii This statement worries me. The NRA isn't 100% behind the 2A. Even they sound like they're prepared to concede. Remember, it ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    This statement worries me. The NRA isn't 100% behind the 2A.

Even they sound like they're prepared to concede. Remember, it ain't about compromise, because the antis aren't gonna give up anything. It's all about the concession of our freedom. Beginning with the freedom to defend ourselves with effective, modern weaponry.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I don't believe the NRA is going to "concede" anything. On the other hand, SAF and CCRKBA have been a busy bunch over the weekend and this week:

SAF, CCRKBA call for ‘commission on violence,’ NRA sets press conference

The National Rifle Association has broken its silence following the Sandy Hook Elementary school tragedy in Connecticut, announcing a press conference this Friday in the Washington, D.C. area, while two other leading national gun rights organizations today called for a national commission to study the causes of violence in America, and offer possible preventive measures.

SAF, CCRKBA call for

VIP Member
    They're playing it smart in my opinion. Even a simple "Condolences to the families" would be twisted by the anti's and the press, to make it look like they were mocking the families.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Agree with archer51. Also, their statement does not suggest conceding anything on the 2A; rather, they may support stronger legislation and programs to keep firearms out of the hands of those with mental illnesses or stronger safe guarding of arms. I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet on the NRA. But I've been looking into the National Association of Gun Rights. They seem to take a more strident 2A position. Anyone know much about them?
    Last edited by KoriBustard; December 18th, 2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: typo
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Nobody perpetuates the divide between american gun owners more than the NRA. They've become more of a conservative mens glub than a gun rights organization. After a while it gets tough to defend a group with people like Ted Nugent running their mouths, and that doesnt address the fact that liberal gun owners(and there are a lot) are not exactly made to feel welcome by your average NRA member. It may not be policy, but there is an attitude that there are more prerequisites to being a member than just caring about gun rights. Which is the only thing that should matter. They could start by putting classier people on the board.

^^^^^HUH^^^^^^^^^???????????

Classier bunch?

You should go look at their board members and their backgrounds.
    They have Judges, Polititians, Doctors, Lawyers, Gun Gurus with a lot of intelligence.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links