NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

This is a discussion on NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What's your thoughts on the NRA being quite on the tragedy that happened? They took down their Facebook page and have not tweeted or made ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: NRA pulled it's Facebook page down & has said nothing so far

What's your thoughts on the NRA being quite on the tragedy that happened? They took down their Facebook page and have not tweeted or made a statement since it happened. I'm a life member and it does bother me they have said nothing. I realize they have to really watch what is said but at least saying something positive that is not gun related could have been done.

I assume they had to take the Facebook page down because of the flame war that would've happened between the pro and anti gunners.

2. Remove Ads

Nothing they say is going to be taken well, these first few days.

I'm sure the NRA staffers are pulling out all the stops to craft something suitably comforting and effective regarding the situation, and I'm sure all sorts of non-public communication is going on (ie, with congress members). It's not possible for them to survive on saying zilch. At some point, they'll need to communicate publicly. Being a lobby organization, they have no other options.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

NMB
    Im curious if they are giving the left and the media the silent treatment. Your viewers wont watch a one sided argument for very long.

More quotes from the NRA, more interviews, keep this on television longer.

Maybe they are smarter than I thought......
    rammerjammer and surefire7 like this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    Not jumping on the bandwagon but waiting to give time to the families, most likely. They're not stooping to the other side's level and that, hopefully, will be beneficial.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    Im curious if they are giving the left and the media the silent treatment. Your viewers wont watch a one sided argument for very long.

More quotes from the NRA, more interviews, keep this on television longer.

Maybe they are smarter than I thought......
    Good point. Perhaps that's the best play, at this point, with the crappy hand they've been dealt. We'll soon see. It's all coming to a head.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The NRA will usually wait until all the facts are in before issuing a statement.
    VBVAGUY likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

2 senators they endorsed now favor a AWB. They better get off their collective rear ends

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When you hire an attorney to fight for you, you have to realize at some point they know more than you do about law and procedure.

So you sit your ass down and be quiet and let them do what they do best.

And stop all of this senseless hand wringing going on this forum.
    For Gods sakes, you would think we have lost before the fight started.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Just waitin' for the smoke to clear.............I'm sure.

Senior Moderator
    What I am sure of is that getting off topic will result in posts being deleted.

And cut the crap. No one is "sure" of anything.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Not one pro gun or 2a congressman or senator has spoken a word that I am aware of.....This silence speaks volume's about what is about to happen in Washington...listen carefully and you can hear some of your rights leaving the building.....after all
    we have the right to bear arms....Washington will decide what arms you have a right to bear.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    we have the right to bear arms....Washington will decide what arms you have a right to bear.
    They'll probably get together and change the wording of the 2A to read:

"the right of citizens to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed"

Then they'll make sure to point out that they didn't ban tank tops or muscle shirts.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I just read a report that they have received hundreds of death threats via FB, Twitter and Twitchy. Most all involve threats of shootings. It makes sense they would just shut it down. Ironic that the anti's advocate shooting NRA members isn't it?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

It doesn't do the families of the victims any good to have public arguments about what could have, should have, or is going to be done regarding these senseless acts before they have a chance to get their loved ones in the ground.

The best bet is for the NRA to remain quiet and respectful, until all the facts are known and until there is an actual fight to be fought.

Bantering back and forth over whether it was the guns that caused this, or mental illness, broken families, video games or whatever when no one knows what caused the lunatic to do it is just stupid, since folks are prone to argue from and to the point of what best serves their own cause and may end up making them look foolish or have to issue statements correcting what has said in the heat of the moment.

I have noticed that much more emphasis is being placed on the guns, and specifically "assault weapons" than has been placed on the mental health issues, or the actual failure of our country to address the mental health issues. I think that is because it is easy to put a face or image on a gun than it is a not so easily recognized face of mental illness. That is the lazy approach in my view, but then again, I didn't ever expect most politicians to do things that are really difficult.

So, the NRA can leave its facebook page down, so it doesn't have to spend all the man hours deleting stupid posts folks might make or time answering posts to folks who would never really listen to a sound argument. Their time and resources will be much better used for the legislative fight that might result from this tradgedy. I have no problem with that strategy.
    accessbob likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I am disappointed in the NRA, they have the opportunity to take a leadership role in solving this massive problem and yet they do nothing. I've seen 2 Republican representatives say that "Gun Control" is definitely on the table and to think otherwise is foolish. I'm not entirely in disagreement with them but I believe that if rules are to be made that it would be best that we as the gun owning community be the ones to offer up some solutions instead of circling the wagons. We are only going to marginalize ourselves otherwise and as far as the NRA is concerned, I feel they are really dropping the ball on this one as it really is a golden opportunity to make the best of a really terrible situation.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links