"You won't take my guns!!!"

This is a discussion on "You won't take my guns!!!" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If they come for my guns so be it. But it's not going to be pretty. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: "You won't take my guns!!!"

If they come for my guns so be it. But it's not going to be pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.
    carracer likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Cbuffett556 View Post

but no one is gonna come for your guns.

That's why I said if.....

I also don't see congress passing a new AWB. Way too many congressmen would be voting themselves right out of office.

If anything does happen it will most likely be an executive order. and if i had to guess it would be directing the FBI to deny ncic checks on 'assault weapons' or a new batfe regulation.

VIP Member
    Tax the guns. Congress can tax to incentivize certain behavior. The behavior would be to not possess firearms. New law passes with Federal buy-back of firearms. If you choose not to participate in the buy back, you pay a tax.

"According to the Government, even if Congress lacks the power to direct individuals to buy insurance [sell firearms in their possession], the only effect of the individual mandate is to raise taxes on those who do not do so, and thus the law may be upheld as a tax."

It's a strained read, but who would have thought the Affordable Care Act would have been upheld by the individual mandate being construed as a tax instead of a "penalty?"

So, 2014 - You decide not to participate in the Federal Arms Compensation Act (to avoid the takings argument), that's fine, you don't have to. You just pay a $2,500 yearly tax on every firearm you possess. Oh, and if you don't report and pay the tax, that's tax evasion, and you go to jail. Yes, you can still possess firearms, and the Federal government is not infringing that right. You're just going to jail for tax evasion.

Anybody concerned yet?
    carracer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    How many times are you/they willing to be shot at on a daily basis? Yes, some people would hand them over, but many others would fight to keep theirs. Lots of good old boys have much more firepower than most of the LEO's carry or are prepared for.
    by the same token, how many good old boys will engage a SWAT team hitting their home?
    carracer likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member

I hear that a lot. But I have people I love and need to support. Many of us would turn the guns over rather than be gunned down in front of our children.

That's the truth.
    limatunes likes this.

That's why I said if.....

I also don't see congress passing a new AWB. Way too many congressmen would be voting themselves right out of office.

If anything does happen it will most likely be an executive order. and if i had to guess it would be directing the FBI to deny ncic checks on 'assault weapons' or a new batfe regulation.

The only thing indicated on a NCIC check is if it is a long gun or handgun. In Texas those who have their CHL's aren't required to undergo a NCIC check so that wouldn't work so well here.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    by the same token, how many good old boys will engage a SWAT team hitting their home?
    If it was around this area, I would suggest that most would. Other areas might be different.
    carracer and jag7211 like this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I lost them all in a boating accident, it was crazy. NOT TAKING MINE.

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Are they going to send a swat team to every home? As soon as I see on the news 'assault weapons being confiscated' s WILL htf. I know of plenty of people who would not take kindly to having their AR taken away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    If it was around this area, I would suggest that most would. Other areas might be different.
    not doubting your area, but have you seen a Swat team working? Seen/experienced a flash bang?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Way, way too many people who responsibly own guns vote. They may ban "assault weapons", limit mag capacity, and require mental health certificates to soothe the bi-coastal minority in this country, but no one has the political will to disarm law abiding voters.

Cliff notes: Be responsible, vote.
    Last edited by satori59; December 18th, 2012 at 06:16 AM.
    kb2wji likes this.
    Honor is self-esteem made visible in action. - Ayn Rand

Are they going to send a swat team to every home? As soon as I see on the news 'assault weapons being confiscated' s WILL htf. I know of plenty of people who would not take kindly to having their AR taken away from them.

not saying I agree with confiscations,just questioning how many are equipped to hold off teams. How are you going to know in Shtf scenario that teams hitting residences?

Who is to say that the community waits till they get to the house. What if the neighborhood simply starts taking them out or shots at them when they enter the neighborhood. SWAT teams are not designed to operate against a whole block or two, three of resistance.

Once word got out that the confiscation was going on it wouldn't take long to organize resistance. Besides, SWAT and other LEO's have families. It wouldn't take long to put them in jeapordy, and change some minds about how bad they wanted to confiscate other folks guns.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Wolf,I respect your opinion, but do you think your neighborhood would run/scare off a SWAT team? Once the neighborhood starts shooting, you think the team won't?that they run away? That the neighbors won't?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links