"You won't take my guns!!!"

This is a discussion on "You won't take my guns!!!" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am suggesting that if there was an all out effort to confiscate guns, there would be an all out war. There are alot more ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: "You won't take my guns!!!"

I am suggesting that if there was an all out effort to confiscate guns, there would be an all out war. There are alot more people with guns than there are SWAT members. Simple numbers of attrition would lend itself in the communities favor rather than the police force.

For instance in our community, there are 100 officers for about 37k residents. The numbers for the county are less than 200 officers for 93k people.

Would you run, leave your property and your neighbors if someone tired to invade it? That is what it would come down to. Some would, some wouldn't. Most of the neighbors I had when I lived in the city would stand their ground. Now that I am in the county, I suspect that most here would as well. It would be a disaster.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

"You won't take my guns!!!"

Something also tells me that most swat members would ignore this order in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Is this going to end up like MJ, where some states are in total defiance of federal law, while others give in?

heck ill bury mine in my parents back yard. well my dad has never bought one but has a few inherited rifles so no paper trail there. whats next they gonna metal detector sweep everyones properties for hidden stashes??
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Re: "You won't take my guns!!!"

The only thing a ban or heavy tax will do is send the gun market underground. We all know how well things turn out with prohibition.

www.getcorded.com
    bombthrower77 likes this.

Sponsor

Our guns are simply not going anywhere

I don't see anyone taking anyone's firearms at all.

What we are witnessing is a lot of hype created by the media, anchors, politicians, professionals, etc. to appear relevant, that's all.

Quite frankly everyone has the right to vent their frustration, what has happened recently to some American families is more than most of us guys can take without going on a rampage, guaranteed.

We, firearm aficionados and professionals, there's no doubt in my mind, we are the types that like to be prepared for more than just gun violence, whether it's a hurricane, a tornado, floods, fire, etc. most of us have a plan.
    We are the ones who collect electric generator, fire extinguishers, hiking equipment, guns and ammo, emergency food, emergency everything.

Just the thought that we and our firearms are part of the problem is simply unacceptable.
    With this logic, matches are the reason for forest fires and that's just not true.

I know this is going to sound too simplistic. But if all this people who engage innocent bystanders with violence, knew they were to face similar or mayor force themselves. They wouldn't even try.

None has mentioned that if any of those teachers had a firearm the story could have been different.
    Go with the glow

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    but no one is gonna come for your guns.
    Clearly you are not a student of history.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    Clearly, a lot of folks are worried that the federal govt. is going to pass new gun regulations.

This may indeed happen. But one thing that will NOT happen, is the confiscation of any firearms.

If a new Assault-Weapons Ban is enacted, it will of course not affect presently owned guns.

And unless you live in one of the few states that have any gun registration (like NY & Massachusetts), the govt. doesn't know which guns you own, so they can't tell you to turn in any guns that they don't know you have.

The only way the govt. could find out who owns newly-banned weapons, would be by forcing ALL gun dealers and FFLs around the nation to hand in ALL of their transaction records. And that simply will not happen.

So yes, it is possible that the days of being able to buy 10+ round magazines may be over soon. The days of being able to buy AR-15s and AK-47s may be coming to end.

But no one is gonna come for the guns you already own.

You may no longer be able to buy accesories, parts, and ammo for your newly-banned gun, but you will keep the gun.

....just my two cents.
    You sir, have absolutely no idea what will or will not happen if there is another AWB.

There are plenty of libs, spearheaded by Diane Feinstien looking to push for no grandfathering of currently owned weapons in the next AWB, if one is ever enacted.

Hopefully the Republican controlled House will not let that happen, but to say declaritively it will not, can not happen is asinine.

They may not send goons to your door in a house to house search, but if presently owned guns of the newly banned variety are not grandfathered, all they have to do wait and find you in possession of one at your local gun range, or anywhere else. Or if you happen to use if to defend yourself against a home invasion robbery, they'll get you then.

So, if they are not grandfathered, you may as well bury it and only dig it up for the apocolypse. You sure as heck won't be using it for any recreational shooting, or for self defense. Same thing for high capacity magazines if they are part of any so-called banned in which they are not grandfathered.
    limatunes and BigStick like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    The quote below is from an active member of the United States Army on Facebook that I know. Partly edited due to his cursing, you'll see that in blue. Don't believe there aren't misinformed/misguided members of the military who won't storm your doors to take your guns.

"Civilians should NOT be able to own firearms. Fudge the right to bear arms! Everytime I check CNN, I hear of some retard who went on a killing spree. I think at this point, the military should declare Marshall law and we should go house to house, recovering every instrument of death. Just saying."
    Have your friend contact me. I will remind him of his oath..."support and defend the Constitution against all enemies..."

Not to mention it's "martial" law...and that would not solve any problems, just create more. I'll assume your "friend" is new to the military or very young? Because he would not last long in my unit talking like that.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

they should start confiscating drug dealers and criminals guns first. Just saying..
    niks and Avned like this.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

OK everyone...The emotional level in the responses here is reaching that of the Anti's, and logical thinking is going out the window, and some of you are skirting very close to forum rules. Hopefully after a good nights sleep you've all calmed down.

We had all better start thinking preemptive instead of reactive, and do everything we can to nip any sort of legislation getting passed. This would include contacting all congresspersons NOW in the likely event of an 11th hour bill being rocketed through the houses while most have gone home already.

Put away the tin foil hats, and start working on logical wording to write letters. None of us condone the actions of any of the homicidal nutbags, we all know that there was no way to prevent them, and is still near impossible to prevent any future events of the like.

Grow up, rise above the anti's level and act accordingly.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

It is easy to to say, they will take my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands. It is another thing to stand by that statement. Sadly, I do not think Americans have the courage to revolt against a evil goverment. We have lost what the founding fathers had. You no longer hear the words Give me liberty or give me death. today we hear give me what ever the goverment will give me,( health care, food stamps, free money, free cell phones, you name it). The last election proved that Americans no longer want freedom, they want to be taken care of by the nanny state. I fear that freedom in this country is on it's last legs. You can say it won't happen here, but that is just wishful thinking. It can and it will, it is just a matter of time. Gun control is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    It is easy to to say, they will take my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands. It is another thing to stand by that statement. Sadly, I do not think Americans have the courage to revolt against a evil goverment. We have lost what the founding fathers had. You no longer hear the words Give me liberty or give me death. today we hear give me what ever the goverment will give me,( health care, food stamps, free money, free cell phones, you name it). The last election proved that Americans no longer want freedom, they want to be taken care of by the nanny state. I fear that freedom in this country is on it's last legs. You can say it won't happen here, but that is just wishful thinking. It can and it will, it is just a matter of time. Gun control is just the tip of the iceberg.
    This
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    The quote below is from an active member of the United States Army on Facebook that I know. Partly edited due to his cursing, you'll see that in blue. Don't believe there aren't misinformed/misguided members of the military who won't storm your doors to take your guns.

"Civilians should NOT be able to own firearms. Fudge the right to bear arms! Everytime I check CNN, I hear of some retard who went on a killing spree. I think at this point, the military should declare Marshall law and we should go house to house, recovering every instrument of death. Just saying."
    Then they should be give a Dishonorable Discharge. They took an oath to uphold the constitution.
    peckman28 likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    It's real comforting to know that even though they are going to strip down the Second Amendment to fit within the bounds that they find acceptable, they won't be taking our guns. That's fine if consolation is acceptable to you, but I'd say that it's not acceptable to lose our Constitutional rights to begin with.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links