"You won't take my guns!!!" - Page 4

"You won't take my guns!!!"

This is a discussion on "You won't take my guns!!!" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rammerjammer The quote below is from an active member of the United States Army on Facebook that I know. Partly edited due ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: "You won't take my guns!!!"

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    The quote below is from an active member of the United States Army on Facebook that I know. Partly edited due to his cursing, you'll see that in blue. Don't believe there aren't misinformed/misguided members of the military who won't storm your doors to take your guns.

"Civilians should NOT be able to own firearms. Fudge the right to bear arms! Everytime I check CNN, I hear of some retard who went on a killing spree. I think at this point, the military should declare Marshall law and we should go house to house, recovering every instrument of death. Just saying."
    Isn't it "martial" law"?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Isn't it "martial" law"?
    Anyone who doesn't have an exemplary grasp of the English language may NOT come take my guns...

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Who is going to confiscate the guns? Anyone think a congressmen is going to do it. Not hardly.

Are the local cops going to do it. I doubt it. They want to go home to their wives and kids at night. They certainly aren't going to put up with door to door searches of folks homes day after day. Are they going to give up all their guns except their duty weapons. Nope.
    Those same cops want to be able to feed their kids and provide them shelter. Most families in the US live paycheck to paycheck with little to no savings. Are those cops willing to give up their next paycheck and the ability to feed their families in order to stand by their principles? I believe that many would not. Food is an immediate need.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Those same cops want to be able to feed their kids and provide them shelter. Most families in the US live paycheck to paycheck with little to no savings. Are those cops willing to give up their next paycheck and the ability to feed their families in order to stand by their principles? I believe that many would not. Food is an immediate need.
    I've had this conversation with several of my LE friends.. local, county and state... and they've had similar conversations among themselves.
    The general concensus is that LEO's involved in a door-to-door weapons confiscation program would:
    1) Find great difficulty in drawing on their neighbors, family and friends.
    2) would not have the resources to do so if they wanted to
    and 3) would have a life expectancy of maybe a few days.

These are not my words... these are the answers I received.

I personally think the men and women in most LE agencies are far more interested in going home to their families at the end of the day than they are in disregarding their oaths to uphold the Constitution.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

History.. Doesn't anybody look or read f'ing history any more!?! Just pisses me off royally. History tells us EXACTLY how they will confiscate our guns. No it won't happen over night but it will happen and guess what, you, as a law abiding citizen will do it without anyone lifting a finger.

A government that disarms its population is a government to be feared.
    Last edited by Piratesailor; December 18th, 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: I hate auto complete sometimes
    BigJon10125 and ErnieNWillis like this.

VIP Member
    You all don't get it. Keep the guns. Don't pay the taxes, you go to jail. Or you pay such massive penalties that you are financially ruined. It wouldn't happen overnight. It would happen over years.

There are ways to eliminate possession of property without confiscation.

"Did you hear about Joe? Turns out he had some guns, and didn't declare them on the IRS form, and now he owes $75,000 in back taxes and $100,000 in penalties. The IRS has a lien on his house, his 401k, and the 529 plan for his daughter's college. He's a wreck. I can't afford the gun possession tax. I'm turning mine in and getting the government check for the turn in."
    Piratesailor and atctimmy like this.

Find a secluded place, dig a hole and put them in there. When everyone goes through your house a.d they finish. Dig them back up and your good.

When faced with termination, jailing and other reactions, many "grunts/boots" will do what's demanded ... and if it's demanded that a crackdown be implemented, many communities will feel the pinch.

Will it amount to a full-scale, nationwide taking? I highly doubt it. But it could be as ugly as the threat of having no job in such a crappy economy dictates. Inability to feed one's family can be a powerful motivator.

Hopefully the blood oaths these folks have taken, along with sanity, will prevail.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    They took them during Katrina. Do not underestimate these people.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Interesting as I read these posts how everyone (dances) around what is coming, yet no one wants to come out and just say it.

See?..we already fear our own government!..and they fear us....which is why they want to take the guns away.
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    On the contrary my dear Pythius. Those little NICS forms you fill out every time you buy a gun are technically property of the Federal Gov't and can be audited as far back as 3 years, and include your name address, SS#if you did right it down and what you bought. Right down to the correct spelling and caliber of the gun you bought. This day and age, nothing is private and if you give them any reason to, they do have the resources to look you up. Im in the same boat as you in terms of confiscation, if they want mine bad enough, they'll have to learn how to read GPS coordinates.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    As someone said...they don't have to come for your guns....They make them illegal to be in possession of. Therefore if you get caught with it .....well "Bubba" will be waiting for you with open arms......What you wind up with is an expensive weapon, you have to hide and can't use.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

AS many have said it is historically accurate that they can come for the defensive tools of a people. Our country was founded by some of the most brilliant men ever. The system was put into place to allow people to control their destiny. I think one issue that we are going to have to deal with is those that feel the government is there to provide for them and those of us who think we are to provide for ourselves. In a sense and this is not economically related I feel a lot of this is the haves vs have nots. Maybe it is guns, food, gas whatever, but it is the eroding of the rights of those who have for the benefit of those who have not.

It can absolutely happen! Read a book people. Vote and put your money where your mouth is support those that support us!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Some fairly cock-sure folks here.

Ask them in California how the ban was accomplished.

Ask them in New Jersey.

Gasmitty is spot-on. Been there, done that and probably has a T-shirt.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I don't normally buy into the hype and paranoia. I listen, but reserve judgement, but this time I am actually getting concerned. So many people are talking. Hopefully the Christmas break will cool things off and the legislature can come back to cooler heads and focus on the fiscal cliff.

If you just keep saying it will never happen, that doesn't make it true. Sticking your head in the sand is not a good defensive strategy.
    Walk softly ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links