"You won't take my guns!!!"

This is a discussion on "You won't take my guns!!!" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rammerjammer The quote below is from an active member of the United States Army on Facebook that I know. Partly edited due ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: "You won't take my guns!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    The quote below is from an active member of the United States Army on Facebook that I know. Partly edited due to his cursing, you'll see that in blue. Don't believe there aren't misinformed/misguided members of the military who won't storm your doors to take your guns.

"Civilians should NOT be able to own firearms. Fudge the right to bear arms! Everytime I check CNN, I hear of some retard who went on a killing spree. I think at this point, the military should declare Marshall law and we should go house to house, recovering every instrument of death. Just saying."
    I hope everyone recognizes that the vast majority of the military shares the completely opposite view from what this sadly misinformed individual believes. Most of the men and women I have served with in the Army feel that 2A is one of the most compelling rights that we have fought for and will fight to keep. Another thing that bothers me about this post is the term "instrument of death." The events in Conn. last week were truly devastating - I am not trying to discredit that. However, many times more people are killed in the US every year as a result of irresponsible people causing tragic events with automobiles than are killed with firearms. Are we going to begin labeling cars as "instruments of death" and confiscate those? I doubt it. Everyone needs to start taking responsibility for the evil things man is capable of. It is much easier for the anti's to blame an inanimate object for the cowardly acts of one man than it is to admit the fact that we live in a world where people do unspeakable things no matter how hard you try to stop them. Let's all be better than that. Don't get roped into the distasteful back and forth smearing debates here in this forum, on social media, or anywhere for that matter. The anti's want nothing more than to get their hands on sound bites (or forum posts) of maniacal gun owners talking about neighborhoods of people mounting small arms engagements with SWAT teams that were coming to get their guns. This is the kind of thing that gives them validation. Take the high road. Use your emotion not to rant, but to write passionate, logical and straightforward letters to your congressional representatives. They are the key to any hope we have of protecting our 2A rights, and I guarantee they are not browsing the DC forum or reading posts on your Facebook page. Only through logic, responsibility and vigilance can we win this thing.
    TX expat, HotGuns and atctimmy like this.

2. Remove Ads

we had an Assault Weapons and large-magazine ban for 10 years.

The world didn't fall apart because of it.

life will go on. Sure, you won't be able to buy an AR-15 or AK-47 or a 30-round magazine, but life will go on.
    Hopyard and satori59 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    we had an Assault Weapons and large-magazine ban for 10 years.

The world didn't fall apart because of it.

life will go on. Sure, you won't be able to buy an AR-15 or AK-47 or a 30-round magazine, but life will go on.
    yes but now they want to reclassify "Assault Weapons" to anything that can hold more than a 10 round magazine to a weapon that automatically feeds the next round in. Who knows what they will try to put in the AW class. before you know it, all we will have is bolt action rifles and muzzle loaders.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patinthehat View Post
    yes but now they want to reclassify "Assault Weapons" to anything that can hold more than a 10 round magazine to a weapon that automatically feeds the next round in.....
    that's simply not true.

any new AWB will not include all semi-auto rifles & shotguns.

it will most likely be just like the current AWB in New York State, except without the pre-1994 exemption.

well yeah it wont include those but if we let them get a foot in the door, it sure could include a whole heck of a lot more than ARs and AKs. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. It might not be this time but just wait. It's a dangerous path to start down.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patinthehat View Post
    well yeah it wont include those but if we let them get a foot in the door, it sure could include a whole heck of a lot more than ARs and AKs. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. It might not be this time but just wait. It's a dangerous path to start down.
    like I said, we went down this path before, it lasted 10 years. they didn't take anyone's guns.

VIP Member
    It's actually kinda of humorous, in a strange way, to read the posts by Pythius and the other "gun enthusiast" liberals on here who seek to make sure that we understand why it's OK for us to give up "some" of our rights because it's really not that bad.

Just give 'em this, it's not that bad. Just give 'em this now, you can do without it. Oh, don't worry, they won't ask for that... That's right Pythius, by the time we get there, they won't have to ask at all. And that is the whole point of the Second Amendment.
    ccw9mm, peckman28 and atctimmy like this.

like I said, we went down this path before, it lasted 10 years. they didn't take anyone's guns.
    Actually they did. While it was not directly related to the AWB, the technology and techniques are in place and have been used.

During the hunt for the Beltway Sniper(s) the task force went thorugh the Maryland State Police data base and the 4473's at Maryland dealers to compile a list of who had purchased AR's. They then went knocking on doors. Numerous rifles were taken, tested and returned. Some folks were found to have things they should not and got locked up.

Don't think that just because they have not done it nation wide does not mean they never will. Just give some people a convenient excuse and see what they do.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Actually they did. While it was not directly related to the AWB, the technology and techniques are in place and have been used.

During the hunt for the Beltway Sniper(s) the task force went thorugh the Maryland State Police data base and the 4473's at Maryland dealers to compile a list of who had purchased AR's. They then went knocking on doors. Numerous rifles were taken, tested and returned. Some folks were found to have things they should not and got locked up.....
    please provide evidence for this fascinating story.

please provide evidence for this fascinating story.
    Moose wrote about it in his book. I am the guy he refers to on page 123. If you like when my son gets off the computer I can scan in the letter of apology he wrote me.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post

During the hunt for the Beltway Sniper(s) the task force went thorugh the Maryland State Police data base and the 4473's at Maryland dealers to compile a list of who had purchased AR's. They then went knocking on doors. Numerous rifles were taken, tested and returned. Some folks were found to have things they should not and got locked up.
    Don't think that just because they have not done it nation wide does not mean they never will. Just give some people a convenient excuse and see what they do.
    re: part in bold -
    I've no problem with the end result in bold, though I have a huge problem with what you describe as the methodology.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

like I said, we went down this path before, it lasted 10 years.
    And by their own studies during that time, it did not change the gun violence problem they think there is.

Where is the moral outrage for the 400 people that died today from vehicle accidents, drunk drivers, medical boo boos, non firearm related criminal homicides, starvation because they could not afford to eat, hypothermia because their heat got turned off, succumbing to a disease for want of medication that retails at a 1000% profit that the person could not afford, and oh yeah, THE FLU (kills more people than guns every year)... Where will be the moral outrage for the 400 tomorrow, and the next day?
    DC likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    It's not for lack of trying. There are plenty that if they got enough votes would take them all. Will they be successfull in that? Probably not... this time. But one bite at a time is how you eat an elephant, just like everything else.
    Walk softly ...

I know some folks in the UK who are STILL amazed how fast the bans occured....

THEY WERE SURE THAT IT WOULDNT HAPPEN!!

One of the guys said, the government divided and conquered. The pistol shooters didnt stand with the auto rifle guys...

Guys shooting shotguns didnt stand with the pistol shooters, and auto rifle guys.....

You may see this approach here......."look..... Its only the black gun guys, we would NEVER go after YOUR gun....."

We need to hang together, whatever happens....

And....... I FULLY believe SOMETHING..... Will be attempted...
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    And by their own studies during that time, it did not change the gun violence problem they think there is.

Where is the moral outrage for the 400 people that died today from vehicle accidents, drunk drivers, medical boo boos, non firearm related criminal homicides, starvation because they could not afford to eat, hypothermia because their heat got turned off, succumbing to a disease for want of medication that retails at a 1000% profit that the person could not afford, and oh yeah, THE FLU (kills more people than guns every year)... Where will be the moral outrage for the 400 tomorrow, and the next day?
    you're comparing the deliberate & intentional slaughter of twenty 6 year olds with a firearm, to deaths caused by the flu, automobile accidents, starvation, & hypothermia???

really?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links