"You won't take my guns!!!"

This is a discussion on "You won't take my guns!!!" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Clearly, a lot of folks are worried that the federal govt. is going to pass new gun regulations. This may indeed happen. But one thing ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: "You won't take my guns!!!"

"You won't take my guns!!!"

Clearly, a lot of folks are worried that the federal govt. is going to pass new gun regulations.

This may indeed happen. But one thing that will NOT happen, is the confiscation of any firearms.

If a new Assault-Weapons Ban is enacted, it will of course not affect presently owned guns.

And unless you live in one of the few states that have any gun registration (like NY & Massachusetts), the govt. doesn't know which guns you own, so they can't tell you to turn in any guns that they don't know you have.

The only way the govt. could find out who owns newly-banned weapons, would be by forcing ALL gun dealers and FFLs around the nation to hand in ALL of their transaction records. And that simply will not happen.

So yes, it is possible that the days of being able to buy 10+ round magazines may be over soon. The days of being able to buy AR-15s and AK-47s may be coming to end.

But no one is gonna come for the guns you already own.

You may no longer be able to buy accesories, parts, and ammo for your newly-banned gun, but you will keep the gun.

....just my two cents.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to our state :)

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    Clearly, a lot of folks are worried that the federal govt. is going to pass new gun regulations.

This may indeed happen. But one thing that will NOT happen, is the confiscation of any firearms.

If a new Assault-Weapons Ban is enacted, it will of course not affect presently owned guns.

And unless you live in one of the few states that have any gun registration (like NY & Massachusetts), the govt. doesn't know which guns you own, so they can't tell you to turn in any guns that they don't know you have.

The only way the govt. could find out who owns newly-banned weapons, would be by forcing ALL gun dealers and FFLs around the nation to hand in ALL of their transaction records. And that simply will not happen.

So yes, it is possible that the days of being able to buy 10+ round magazines may be over soon. The days of being able to buy AR-15s and AK-47s may be coming to end.

You may no longer be able to buy accesories, parts, and ammo for your newly-banned gun, but you will keep the gun.

....just my two cents.
    Tell that to the Brits, Germans, Aussies, Canadians, and any number of nationalities over the last 70 years.

They may not come knocking on your door, but your choice will be "Turn them in or learn to like prison if you get caught with them".

Unless you are Obama posting here, you can't know that. Everything that you said that they can't do, well, they can. The US Govt has waaaaay too much power over the citizens now. If they [Govt as a whole] want a thing done, it gets done. Morals, scruples, and good judgement be damned.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Who is going to confiscate the guns? Anyone think a congressmen is going to do it. Not hardly.

Are the local cops going to do it. I doubt it. They want to go home to their wives and kids at night. They certainly aren't going to put up with door to door searches of folks homes day after day. Are they going to give up all their guns except their duty weapons. Nope.
    NY27 likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Who is going to confiscate the guns? Anyone think a congressmen is going to do it. Not hardly.

Are the local cops going to do it. I doubt it. They want to go home to their wives and kids at night. They certainly aren't going to put up with door to door searches of folks homes day after day. Are they going to give up all their guns except their duty weapons. Nope.
    it happened with Katrina,in NO, and I am a LEO. I doubt some of my fellow officers wouldn't participate in a gun grab,if they were ordered to.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

That is what the controls are in place for the National Guard, and the UN is for.

The 20/60/20 rule applies to all things in human behavior. 20% won't, 60% might, 20% will without hesitation. Insert your action here.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

But one thing that will NOT happen, is the confiscation of any firearms.
    Nahh, that will come after a few more of the other laws put in place haven't worked after a while. Don't sweat it.
    wishyouwell likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

it happened with Katrina,in NO, and I am a LEO

Yep....law abiding folks who were just tryin to keep what was theirs...never say never?

Ever heard of the war on drugs? LEO are willing to break peoples' constitutional rights on a daily basis and they'll do it again.
    phreddy and bombthrower77 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

The quote below is from an active member of the United States Army on Facebook that I know. Partly edited due to his cursing, you'll see that in blue. Don't believe there aren't misinformed/misguided members of the military who won't storm your doors to take your guns.

"Civilians should NOT be able to own firearms. Fudge the right to bear arms! Everytime I check CNN, I hear of some retard who went on a killing spree. I think at this point, the military should declare Marshall law and we should go house to house, recovering every instrument of death. Just saying."
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

So, the government "offers" to buy back your guns first. Then they "demand" you turn them in. Then the "confiscation" begins. Of course during all this the Obama regime does what it does best, enacts rules and regulations shutting down arms manufacturers and ammo manufacturers. Pretty soon, they begin offering "rewards" for turning in your anti-patriotic neighbors that refuse to hand their weapons over. They are coming for your guns and ultimately you. You can pretend it's not going to happen and keep saying "that will never happen here"....but it's coming. I suggest you get your hands on some weapons that don't have a paper trail...that's my plan.
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    The quote below is from an active member of the United States Army on Facebook that I know. Partly edited due to his cursing, you'll see that in blue. Don't believe there aren't misinformed/misguided members of the military who won't storm your doors to take your guns.

"Civilians should NOT be able to own firearms. Fudge the right to bear arms! Everytime I check CNN, I hear of some retard who went on a killing spree. I think at this point, the military should declare Marshall law and we should go house to house, recovering every instrument of death. Just saying."
    hopefully, that isn't the mentality of those I knew when I was Ad. And I think confiscation would lead to revolution
    carracer and atctimmy like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    it happened with Katrina,in NO, and I am a LEO. I doubt some of my fellow officers wouldn't participate in a gun grab,if they were ordered to.
    How many times are you/they willing to be shot at on a daily basis? Yes, some people would hand them over, but many others would fight to keep theirs. Lots of good old boys have much more firepower than most of the LEO's carry or are prepared for.
    carracer likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    So, the government "offers" to buy back your guns first. Then they "demand" you turn them in. Then the "confiscation" begins.....
    this isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post

....just my two cents.
    History tells us that is incorrect.

Several states, my former state of Connecticut being one, passed "assault weapon" bans. A finite amount of time was provided to get rid of any gun not meeting the new restrictions (all related to cosmetics, of course), after which the possessor of such weapons was liable for felony prosecution. There was NO "grandfathering" of weapons except for active LE. So while there was no direct government confiscation, there was no legal means to continue possession, either.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links