White House Petitions

White House Petitions

This is a discussion on White House Petitions within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Visibility is going to be more important than ever in these coming days. So much so that I have finally decided to make an account ...

Thread: White House Petitions

White House Petitions

Visibility is going to be more important than ever in these coming days. So much so that I have finally decided to make an account here and elsewhere that I have lurked for some time. (Yes, this is copy/pasted for those of you who frequent other boards, to save me time while I spread this message as widely as possible)

EVERYONE who cares about their firearms rights should sign the petitions against gun control at https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/.

It will not be these petitions that make the difference in the end, but they will improve our chances and are easy to do. Please take 5 minutes of your time to help us catch up to the suddenly organized anti-gun mob that has been fueled by media sensationalism, and tell EVERYONE ELSE that you know that will support us. We need to work together now more than ever.

Please also write your Senators/Congressmen. Tell them you do not wish to be punished for the actions of others, and if some form of law simply cannot be avoided, to attempt to focus it on the real problems - mental health and the mentally unhealthy's access to these firearms - rather than the guns themselves.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    - Sky

Welcome to the forum?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I signed the petition today, and sent it to family & friends.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Regarding the petitions. They are not actual petitions to invoke or revoke standing or possible legislation (take a look at how the Texas succession one worked out). Also, to sign, one has to create and account on the Whitehouse's website which in and of itself is not really a smart thing to do.

As for writing our elected officials, YES! This is a good way to remind them that their voice should be that of which those that elected them carry. They know that we are the reason they hold their duties, and need to be bombarded with reminders that we will not stand for further erosion of our rights.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Some of the pro gun control ones are already over 100k signatures. For the most part they are trampling the ones against gun reform. I signed all that i could... Not that any of them will amount to much when it's all said and done.

Links