Sign my petition for security at public schools.

This is a discussion on Sign my petition for security at public schools. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sign my petition for armed security at public schools. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...chool/m1t00WT5 Lets put something up that does not involve gun legislation, provides a solution of some ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By zacii
  • 3 Post By suntzu

Thread: Sign my petition for security at public schools.

Sign my petition for armed security at public schools.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...chool/m1t00WT5

Lets put something up that does not involve gun legislation, provides a solution of some sort, and moves the discussion off reducing gun owner freedom.

Thanks

Re: Sign my petition for security at public schools.

I don't want armed state actors at my children's school.

Would rather have armed parents.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    ctr likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

In order to protect all of our children from violence, terrorism and drugs, The Department of Homeland Security should be authorized to provide a full-time armed security force at every public school which receives federal government funding.

This expansion of federal protection would provide jobs for parents during the economic recovery, provide security for our children, their teachers and school staff and act as a deterrent to criminals who find unprotected schools an attractive target.
    I have some serious issues with your petition.
    1: I don't want Homeland Security to expand any more than it is.
    2: Providing jobs and security for our schools are two totally seperate issues. The Federal government already spends too much on on Federal jobs and is a drain on the economy.
    3: Schools and education shold be the purview of local and state goverments. There should not even be a Dept of Education. Security at schools should be handled at the local and state levels. If they need money then they can go ask the Federal government.
    Gene83, Lotus222 and Ksgunner like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I think allowing people to carry guns would do fine. There are plenty stories of people with stopping gunman with their weapon. I think arming teachers is a good way to go even if only three teachers are armed. I would feel a lot more comfortable with knowing my kid’s teachers are armed. Also I’m sure gun stores would offer the CCW class and annual training.
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

VIP Member
    I think not. Bad idea that I won't support.

Saw this picture on The Truth about Guns website, very interesting. Screen-Shot-2012-12-18-at-12.46.38-PM-900x631.jpg

The Governer of MIchigan just vetoed a law that would have allowed armed teachers, parents, and others that had the training. He doesn't care about your children. I can't help but wonder, how many State police protect his.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Sponsored Links