Letter re Sandy Hook and Legislation

This is a discussion on Letter re Sandy Hook and Legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had read these are best faxed. I didn't manage to get one fax through despite trying several times. I think they may be overloaded, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Letter re Sandy Hook and Legislation

I had read these are best faxed. I didn't manage to get one fax through despite trying several times. I think they may be overloaded, so I used their email forms. Will maybe print and mail as well, but that has higher latency.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    You are all assuming that the gun banners care enough to read what you write and that they are rational human beings.

I can assure you that they are not. Their minds are already made up and they are going to use this tragedy to their utmost advantage.

It's not often that something like this plays into their hand and you'd better beleive that they will take advantage of it. No amount of words will cause them to reconsider.

Perhaps a visual aid would make them more perceptive..something like a bullseye with the center shot out of it as a healthy reminder not to mess with gun rights.
    The main reason I posted this, and I presume the others did the same, is to provide users with a boilerplate letter to their rep from which they may crib if they are so inclined. Not really to convince an anti-gunner*, but to let your rep know that the voters are watching.

*I don't bother trying to convince others on issues like this. I've learned we both go nowhere. "Buy v. Lease a car? Sure, let's talk." Deeply held political or religious views - "I respect your opinion, let's get back to that buy v. lease discussion." :)
    Brad426 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I will admit that a recent statement by Hot Guns, to the effect of we need to fight this whole thing not by countering the anti's point to point on bans, but to take things in a different direction and make them fight it on our terms, had an impact on me and influenced my wording and the thought behind it in my letters. As a result, I kept it brief and stated that I opposed the ban, that criminals won't obey laws anyway, and that we need to address the problem posed GFZs and address the mental health issues. For the most part, this was pretty much reflected back in the response my representative sent me.

i sent a letter to both my senators. probably add to their virtual trash bins.

Re: Letter re Sandy Hook and Legislation

Conceding the unrestricted firearms transfer between lawful citizens is not the answer.

This will simply add more burdens, restrictions, and costs (aka infringements) to an already decaying right; and do nothing to stop mass shootings.

We've had semi-automatic weapons for a hundred years. We've been able to privately buy and sell our property since forever. But all of a sudden were ready to give these things up for a promise of safety which cannot be kept.

Don't give in to the panic. Don't concede one inch. It won't bring the children back, it won't prevent any more from dying.

What it may do is further embolden the statist who won't be satisfied until a certain class becomes the working class of the elite.

Give up your modern weapons and we, or our children, become modern subjects and slaves.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Re: Letter re Sandy Hook and Legislation

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Conceding the unrestricted firearms transfer between lawful citizens is not the answer.
    A NICS check only takes a few minutes. I'm sorry but I can't see a reason to allow purchases without it. If you're worried about confiscation, well, there have been a lot of boating accidents around here lately where people lost all of their guns. Very sad.

Senior Moderator
    I'm sorry but I can't see a reason to allow purchases without it.
    I'l give you a few reasons.

One...A NICS check is defacto registration. Yeah...I know its NOT supposed to be, but there is a data base on a computer somewhere with a record of your purchase. Dont believe it? Call them with the transaction number 6 months after your purchase and see if they cant tell you about it.

Two... I dont like having to prove to someone that I AM NOT quilty of something. Last time I checked, the burden of proof of guilt is on the State...not you to prove you are innocent.

Three...
    once all private purchases of firearms are required to go through a NICS check, how much extra do you think that will cost? Are you willing to pay an extra 25,50 or 100 bucks on top of the price of your gun?

Four... what does a NICS check tell us? It only tells us that you were good to go at that time of that purchase. In NOT ONE CASE...has a NICS check ever prevented a crime. Most of the terrible crimes that have been commited with gun were done will legally purchased guns...even in the recent case of mass murder up in Connetticut. Legal gun. Legal Gun. Legal gun.

Those a just of few that I can think of.

Think people. Think.
    Yeah...I know its a stretch for some people.

Dont limit yourself by listening to the arguments of the ignorant. Thats what anti-gunners are...ignorant of the facts. If they thought for themselves and quit repeating what others tell them to say, they would wake up and realize that they were being played for fools.
    zacii likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links