2A rights plan to collect accurate data.

This is a discussion on 2A rights plan to collect accurate data. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Like many of you I am upset with the events of last week. The act makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. I ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By StevePVB
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: 2A rights plan to collect accurate data.

VIP Member

Like many of you I am upset with the events of last week. The act makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. I see all kinds of reaction but most of it is due to wrong facts or incorrect information. This thread is for getting proper information out there and to let us know how you can collect accurate information so it can be used in a calm and meaningful way to counter some of the outrageous talk going on right now. I would like to take the emotion out of it. Just the facts and figures. Feel free to link up websites that can provide us with accurate information along with contact information for our representatives.

2. Remove Ads

Facts and figures, about the Newtown school incident will depend heavily on the official police investigation report, which to my knowledge hasn't yet been released.

Facts and figures about statements/steps being made and proposed by various pundits, representatives and others are all over the map. And, largely, these have been listed/reported in the various threads.

What "facts and figures" are you focusing on, here?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member

I am looking for any facts and figures that we can use in discussion to protect our 2A right.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I am looking for any facts and figures that we can use in discussion to protect our 2A right.
    You can't protect anything from a knee jerk reaction, which is what the media has whipped up. Anyone who does not let the smoke clear and collect facts before reaching a conclusion is the epitome of ''knee jerk''. Few took the time to mourn the victims before they pointed fingers, few even waited for any solid facts what-so-ever.

I am glad the NRA has given time and thought before releasing a statement about this horrific incident. It's too bad the media didn't have the same respect! The only fact we should need is the second amendment.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I am glad the NRA has given time and thought before releasing a statement about this horrific incident. It's too bad the media didn't have the same respect!
    Yup.

Time and again, most of the media seem to act like one thing matters: babbling first, instead of focusing like a laser beam on rooting out the truth. But then, sadly, truth doesn't play like it once did. Funny, but that's largely all I go in for. I'm betting there are millions more who feel likewise. If only media organizations would find a way to make truth pay. Heck, it's not as though the truth is uninteresting. There's plenty of amazing things that are utterly true, whether we'd believe it or not.

Anyway, as for reporting on the Newtown incident, one would think news groups would consider the impact on the victims and maintain a bit of distance, out of simple respect for the dead and grieving. And in the interests of truth, one would think they'd consider at least thinking about the concept of hysteria-driven knee-jerk wave riding and what such unthinking "reporting" can end up causing. Unless, of course, they've thought long and deeply on knocking the 2A over the head and have just been waiting to slather all over it like a dog on a bone, despite stomping all over the dead and grieving in the process.

Hm. Almost makes a person want to scream from the rooftops.

Where, oh where are the muckrakers. Ida ... Ida?
    rottkeeper likes this.

No amount of stats will get them to change their position....IMO, this will be dragged out in the courts.

Everything seems to be in someone's sights. High capacity magazines -- what is high capacity? 30? 20? 10? 2?

I don't have the link handy but I saw one expert propose single shot only. That is "plenty" for hunting or home defense. Can I hang a sign on my front door demanding only one man home invasions and must be armed with nothing deadlier than a nerf ball?

If I miss my shot I guess it's OK for the deer to suffer for several hours while he bleeds out.

There is no limit to the imagination of the left.
    Bigen03 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Everything seems to be in someone's sights. High capacity magazines -- what is high capacity? 30? 20? 10? 2?

I don't have the link handy but I saw one expert propose single shot only. That is "plenty" for hunting or home defense. Can I hang a sign on my front door demanding only one man home invasions and must be armed with nothing deadlier than a nerf ball?

If I miss my shot I guess it's OK for the deer to suffer for several hours while he bleeds out.

There is no limit to the imagination of the left.

Steve, it is truly amazing what some are saying......tell me please what's the difference in a 100 round mag and 10 10 round mags....I'm not good at math.......Oh crap..probably should not have said that....one of them may be monitoring this site.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I have yet, seen any real true information on the school shooting. but all the news media's all have a different story.
    Without the evil black rifle they have nothing to report on.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    I don't have the link handy but I saw one expert propose single shot only. That is "plenty" for hunting or home defense.
    As if perps are going to pose and stick out their chests to be shot at once, perfectly in the chest; as if those defending their very lives are going to strike a deadly shot first time, every time.

Dark holes aren't deep enough for some "experts."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    I have yet, seen any real true information on the school shooting. but all the news media's all have a different story.
    Without the evil black rifle they have nothing to report on.
    27 dead people is nothing to report on? Yeah, it should have been kept a secret.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    27 dead people is nothing to report on? Yeah, it should have been kept a secret.
    That 27 died is important to know, as are the implications of the threat.

I took the "evil black rifle" comment about having "nothing" to report on to mean that, given that it was children murdered the children's details are off-limits (at least the reporters are finding some limits to their crass standards), and given the formal police report hasn't divulged all the nuts and bolts of the crime's details, all they've got to run with is, basically, repeating ad nauseum the "evil black rifle" stuff: gun bans, political ramifications, and the latest talking head who's frothing at the mouth.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; December 18th, 2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: grammar
    the6shooter likes this.

The accurate information is contained right here:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
    "Shall not be infringed" means, shall not be infringed. There is no other interpretation of that statement.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Sorry but that is not what I meant , I said that I have not heard one story that was told, thats fact. The media is like a tall tail, that keeps growing.
    As for the kids, it's a very sad thing, inosense is always prayed upon by cowards. I got to see the faces of the babies for the first time tonite, and yes I had tears in the eye's
    I would just like the media to get the facts, before they open their pie-holes, fox, msnbc, abc, cbs and the other so called truth in reporting

Links