You know what would really be ironic?

This is a discussion on You know what would really be ironic? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In less than a few hours after last week's tragedy, Obama was on the TV, wiping his fake tears away and indicating that some "reasonable ...

Thread: You know what would really be ironic?

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

You know what would really be ironic?

In less than a few hours after last week's tragedy, Obama was on the TV, wiping his fake tears away and indicating that some "reasonable gun control" discussion was on the way. He and his cronies are using the deaths of innocent people as a launching pad for such lunacy as reinstating the useless Clinton "Assault Rifle" law.

A school district in Texas has already decided to now allow carry in the schools (with permit), and the Texas Governor is proposing similar legislation statewide. I'm also hearing similar ideas proposed all over the place.

After Florida approved concealed carry in the early 1990's with good results, many states followed. I'm proud to say that my home state of Alabama had already been on board for years.

Won't it be ironic if enough people are led to the truth because of all this and it leads to eliminating "gun free zones," including the schools? How's that for a kick in the teeth? People are already swarming the gun stores and shows because common sense prevails.

So wouldn't that be the ultimate irony? I don't expect it to happen, but at the same time, I never expected carry to become nearly as popular as it has over the last several years.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

Unfortunately the governor of Michigan vetoed that bill today.

Ugh. Here in MI the governor just vetoed a bill to allow CC in schools and other pistol free zones. That would have been our chance to prove that people who carry guns don't have to become raving maniacs as soon as they enter a school, as if the gun and its evil take over their minds! Anyway, it wasn't a perfect bill: it would have made Open Carry illegal and it's currently allowed for CPL holders in these zones. As if the open carriers who already do this haven't proven it enough! As if CPL holders haven't already proven they are far more trustworthy than the general population.

I guess we'll have to wait 'til the dust clears and try again.

Anyway, you make a good point.

Links