help with upcoming inevitable argument

This is a discussion on help with upcoming inevitable argument within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 03mossy Heres the kicker, there anti dog to! And i have a very handsome 7 month old british ivory lab that would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: help with upcoming inevitable argument

Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
    Heres the kicker, there anti dog to! And i have a very handsome 7 month old british ivory lab that would love to come with.
    then there's absolutely no hope for them at all
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Did the crime rate go down with the last AWB? Since drunk driving kills more every year than firearm use, should every driver have an interlock device in their car? Why only address one material object that people use to harm, and not others?
    Also, did the violent crime rate or mass killings go up when the last ban expired in September of 2004?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Just had a discussion with a close relative about the Newtown atrocities and the whole political-spin machine that's ramping up.

In short, it didn't go well. No listening to questions, no listening to simple, short-word responses to initial questions, obvious elevated BP and anger. Hardly a mention was made of weaponry. I'd asked a question or two about mode of entry, whether it was true that window glass was broken and the assailant then essentially entered without resistance. BANG! right in my face.

Yes, died-in-the-wool anti's are, many of them I suspect, extremely livid and enraged. All the media hype is fueling it, heavily. And it's going nowhere good. Such people in their current state aren't going to hear anything but one thing: protect the children, at all costs, no matter what it takes, even if it eviscerates the Constitution (which is just a piece of paper anyway and doesn't hold a candle to actually protecting the children).

It's an example of what we as a People are up against, right now.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links