Pass this Timothy McVeigh photo/stats to others

This is a discussion on Pass this Timothy McVeigh photo/stats to others within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Worthwhile thoughts for consideration:...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Pass this Timothy McVeigh photo/stats to others

VIP Member

Pass this Timothy McVeigh photo/stats to others

Worthwhile thoughts for consideration:
    Attached Images
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

With all respect, and understanding your intentions are good, I'm not sure is particular pictorial is the best way to fight this fight right now. I know I may be in the minority on this, but I'm not really a fan of the "why don't we ban _____ too, look how many deaths they cause" angle. Just too simplistic, and doesn't speak to the truly important points 2A supporters should be stressing.

Just my $.02

Using Timothy McVeigh as an example is not quite bright IMO. Here is why: The debate is about guns.

McVeigh could have used guns if he wanted. He wanted to kill more people than guns could accomplish. He picked a weapon of choice that would accomplish his goal.

His actions have nothing to do with the debate
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    With all respect, and understanding your intentions are good, I'm not sure is particular pictorial is the best way to fight this fight right now. I know I may be in the minority on this, but I'm not really a fan of the "why don't we ban _____ too, look how many deaths they cause" angle. Just too simplistic, and doesn't speak to the truly important points 2A supporters should be stressing.

Just my $.02
    I agree 100%

VIP Member
    I see what you're saying.

My point is that we may be in for the grandest fight for 2A in my lifetime. Too much of the focus right now is about "blaming the gun", and demonizing it during this emotional time. This picture represents the fact that gun ban's don't necessarily eliminate a problem, it also exposes the hyposcrisy of the gun control crowd. Of course we here at DC clearly know that, but I'd say it is could be beneficial to sway some of the fence-setter crowd to our way of thinking. Just as making comments of banning baseball bats, knives, propane, etc.
    Glhadiator and phreddy like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I see what you're saying.

My point is that we may be in for the grandest fight for 2A in my lifetime. Too much of the focus right now is about "blaming the gun", and demonizing it during this emotional time. This picture represents the fact that gun ban's don't necessarily eliminate a problem, it also exposes the hyposcrisy of the gun control crowd. Of course we here at DC clearly know that, but I'd say it is could be beneficial to sway some of the fence-setter crowd to our way of thinking. Just as making comments of banning baseball bats, knives, propane, etc.
    Respectfully, those arguements don't sway any intelligent person I know. It is mush better to argue from a strict Constitutional point of view. If you can't articulate that to someone on the fence then we are in trouble.

Use of poor analogies have not swayed anyone I know.
    deanathpc likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Timmy McVeigh was evil. Evil exists and will kill regardless of what tool they use.
    RMS, atctimmy and OD* like this.

Re: Pass this Timothy McVeigh photo/stats to others

I agree with this picture. Some may say this is bad timing or in bad taste. Why? It's the point.

The point is guns don't kill people. People do. Take away one tool and you have another tool to use.

Drunk drivers kill a bus load or a car load of kids. Do you hear people screaming and demanding that cars be banned? No. Do you hear alcohol be banned? No. So why do guns need to be?

Haven't statistics of increased crime in countries that have banned guns say anything? Are you people that closed minded? You will never eliminate guns. But you can start to fix the problem. Start at the root of it. People! Stop ignoring the root problem. Stop turning the other cheek or looking away.

If nothing else identify the problem and bring it to someone's attention.

Stop blaming somebody or something else. Put the blame where it lies. Then black out the government run media.

Dean

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post

Just my $.02
    And what are those points?

If you try to use that "lets just ban cars" argument your going to hear that the difference is your car is traceable, and a fertilizer bomb takes planning. I dont buy the argument anyway, but ven if you do you have to be careful about the points you make. Maybe how you make them too

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Worthwhile thoughts for consideration:
    I totally agree. The point of this argument is that it is the CRAZIES committing these crimes, not the GUNS. If the problem is to be addressed intelligently rather than emotionally, the focus has to be on this root cause, not an inanimate object.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Respectfully, those arguements don't sway any intelligent person I know. It is mush better to argue from a strict Constitutional point of view. If you can't articulate that to someone on the fence then we are in trouble.

Use of poor analogies have not swayed anyone I know.
    There's the problem with your statemenet "those arguements don't sway any intelligent person". You're assuming all parties involved in the argument are going to be Intelligent. As with foods not everyone likes Brussel sprouts but some eat them yup. These arguments will still sway the thoughts of some and inspire critical thinking into the debate. The biggest hurdle is that critical thinking is lacking in this country these days.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Third President of the United States

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie57 View Post
    There's the problem with your statemenet "those arguements don't sway any intelligent person". You're assuming all parties involved in the argument are going to be Intelligent. As with foods not everyone likes Brussel sprouts but some eat them yup. These arguments will still sway the thoughts of some and inspire critical thinking into the debate. The biggest hurdle is that critical thinking is lacking in this country these days.
    But the issue is the 2A..not how guns are good or bad, or how drunk drivers can do xyz, or what the suicide rate is with depressed penguins in Antartica by gun. When we start going down that road everybody loses the fact it is a 2A issue.
    The ACLU even sides with the NRA when it come to the Constitution.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    But the issue is the 2A..not how guns are good or bad, or how drunk drivers can do xyz, or what the suicide rate is with depressed penguins in Antartica by gun. When we start going down that road everybody loses the fact it is a 2A issue.
    The ACLU even sides with the NRA when it come to the Constitution.
    Now THAT is flat out BS.
    JoJoGunn and Piratesailor like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Now THAT is flat out BS.
    ACLu sides with 2A, again. Interesting case out of 5th Appeals Court

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links