This article made me so mad!!

This is a discussion on This article made me so mad!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; D.C. Must Enact Gun Control Now | Fox Business And whats worse, is that I found it linked via Foxnews.com! It uses distorted facts, misrepresented ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HardBall

Thread: This article made me so mad!!

D.C. Must Enact Gun Control Now | Fox Business

And whats worse, is that I found it linked via Foxnews.com! It uses distorted facts, misrepresented statistics, and has a completely emotional and unrealistic opinion near the end! Although the opinion her the authors right to make, that in and of itself doesnt make it the right answer.

I am trying SOO hard not to get into these debates on facebook, or with people, its soo hard.. and where i live, any conservative or pro-gun view makes you such an enemy to so many people.. people that otherwise are your friends and coworkers and family.. the guns and violence and crazy people arent the only things tearing us all apart.. the DEBATE ITSELF is doing a fine job of driving a wedge between us.

As a grown man with a new family, a CPL, and a love of firearms... I am so mad/upset/bothered that it makes me want to cry ters (although they would be man tears, made of steel like Chuck Norris')

I get the feeling that this lady is as pleasant to be around as she appears in her picture...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

and they say that I drink the kool-aid for loving my iphone too much...

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Notice Fox presented both sides. Unlike any of the other MSM.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

"...Already, computer technology is not as swift as many might think, meaning, not all gun sellers can rapidly download the most up-to-date information on gun buyers." Umm...gun sellers don't "download" information on gun buyers, that file would be HUGE. I think SHE is not as swift as many might think....Just goes to show you that they are uninformed, and not just in firearm ownership, but also in statistical data, the U.S. Constitution, and basic computer technology. Nimrod.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    ALL...ALL Media outlets have a agenda...It's the way it is.
    No longer do we receive news via the tube.

Years ago, following "the facts" the anchor would express their opinion with the word splashed all over the screen (Commentary) or (Opinion).
    This is no longer the case as it is ALL nearly opinion, commentary or pure agenda push.

As a conservative I too am unhappy with FOX News. They may be IMO better than most is attempting to show both sides, but C'mon. Of late they are almost coming off as right wing loons damaging their own credibility.

If ya want the news, I guess ya gotta' be there and witness it for yourself.

I saw this well demonstrated. As a professional photographer, I have been to one war zone. We were told where to go, what to photograph all the while being accompanied by a liaison officer from the military or "other" U.S gov official.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

my wife is a teacher (alternative and adult education, the students that kicked out of the other schools, and are court ordered type of crowd) and she tells them if they want to watch unbiased news.. the best bet, and its still a bet, is the BBC... they dont do too bad.

funny though.. her students are the ones with tethers on their ankles, drugs in their lunchboxes, etc.. and she has never had any incidents of severe violence in her classroom...

seriously, its something in the water!

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Wow, that article is full of so many misuses of terminology I don't even know where to start. 'High-clip'? wat?

She's got baggage .... Big time
    blitzburgh likes this.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

And what is there to do about it? We can't stop ignorance. Just relax, don't get all uptight and emotional. You have to realize that there is a huge chunk of our population that have never even seen a firearm except for on TV or strapped on a police officer and aren't interested in exercising anything other than their 1st Amendment. They are going to have irrational opinions. So don't let surprise you, don't let it get to you. Just be glad that you're on the rational side of the argument. Take a deep breath my friend.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

A new poll of 602 adults shows that 54% back tougher gun control laws, with 52% supporting a ban on semiautomatic handguns and 59% favoring a ban on ammunition clips that hold more than 10 bullets.
    The part in bold just proves how educated the author is on the subject.

How many of the 602 adults who were polled are actually completely informed about current gun control laws? I'll bet the answer is pretty close to zero.

How many of the 602 adults who were polled know exactly what a semi-automatic weapon is? Probably less than half.

How many of the 602 adults who were polled know what the difference is between a "clip" and a magazine? I'll bet the answer is pretty close to zero.

How many of the 602 adults who were polled own a gun? I'll bet it is probably pretty low.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

She looks too......like she's smells a ..............RAT.

How many of the 602 adults who were polled know exactly what a semi-automatic weapon is? Probably less than half.
    Of the 602 polled 52% favor a ban on semi automatic handguns. That would be a ban on most of the handgus sold these days. Luckily a poll of 602 low information people has no actual significance.

Links