NRA or NAGR?

NRA or NAGR?

This is a discussion on NRA or NAGR? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Considering joining up with a pro-gun club to support our rights. I'm looking for fellow forum members opinions on which one of these groups would ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: NRA or NAGR?

NRA or NAGR?

Considering joining up with a pro-gun club to support our rights. I'm looking for fellow forum members opinions on which one of these groups would be better to join. I do know that the NAGR is against ANY new gun laws, and the NRA, I believe is gonna give in a little bit, JMO. The NRA prob has the bigger influence of the two. Chime in, which organization would you lean to, if you have never belonged to either one?

VIP Member
    The best answer is both. (As well as the Gun Owners of America) The more people we have fighting for our rights the better.

If you have to pick one I'd side with the NRA. They have far more influence with politicians than all the other groups combined. Their budget is much higher allowing them to hire the best lobbyists and organizers in the game. You get more bang for your buck with them. Yes, they will at times give a little but only when it is completely necessary. Sometimes the situation is such that there are going to be bills passed that we don't like, at times like that the NRA is great at convincing lawmakers to go with the least objectionable option. It may not sit well with our sensitivities but when you understand how the game is played in Washington you see that it is the only way to be successful. Those with a "my way is the only way" philosophy are often totally ignored by the more moderate members of Congress that end up actually making the decisions in close votes.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

NMB
    The reason you dont see people with signs saying "Stop the NAGR!" is because they dont have influence.

Join the NRA.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

NRA or NAGR?

Very good points from both of you...

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    I'm a life member in the NRA and they have provided me with my insurance for both self defense and instructor professional lib. The other group is the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network if you carry. As for NAGR, I'm not sure?

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Any or all, but the NRA is certainly the most powerful...life member here!:hans9:
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Donít forget to join your local or statewide gun rights groups along with the NRA.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I do hope that I am wrong but a have a gut feeling the NRA is going to go soft on a possible ban among other things.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

AHHHHHH... don't forget the Second Amendment Foundation (tax exempt donations!) and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

SAF wins lawsuits,,

McDonald v. City of Chicago (2A incorporation)
    Moore v. Madigan (ILL concealed carry)

NRA or NAGR?

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    I'm a life member in the NRA and they have provided me with my insurance for both self defense and instructor professional lib. The other group is the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network if you carry. As for NAGR, I'm not sure?
    Never heard of the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network. And yes, I do carry. I'll check it out as well...

I'm a life member of the NRA. I sometimes don't like all the fund raising mailings, but I believe they are the most influential organization fighting for our rights. I heard just a little while ago on Bill O'Reilly that the NRA is currently gaining 8,000 new members per day.
    NRA Life Member

NRA Patron Member here.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Crowman, I don't know exactly what the NRA is planning but have been told that they are going to draw a line in the sand with the 10 round capacity issue. Sounds like they're planning on telling law makers that if they vote for such a measure they'll be fighting the full weight of the NRA from then on.

I think a good indicator of what the NRA has been doing for the last few days can be seen in WV Senator Joe Manchin. In the immediate wake of Newtown he appeared to be on board with the gun grabbers. Today he is saying he is proud of the NRA and does not support banning anything, but merely having a talk about what would be sensible to prevent such things from happening again. I'm positive he didn't come to see the light all on his own.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Re: NRA or NAGR?

I'll renounce my NRA membership if they concede anything.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Crowman likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

NRA or NAGR?

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMan View Post
    Never heard of the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network. And yes, I do carry. I'll check it out as well...
    Here is the link: http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links