Warning to the NRA - Page 2

Warning to the NRA

This is a discussion on Warning to the NRA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by KBSR I'm confident that the NRA will do the right thing. I would have liked a members only email, rather than the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Warning to the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    I'm confident that the NRA will do the right thing. I would have liked a members only email, rather than the silence, to give us all a heads up, but opsec is important at times like this.
    I don't think it's an issue of playing the cards close to the chest so much as they're taking the time to carefully word what they say. Despite having a relatively moderate platform, they're being painted as a group of loons who want to push guns into the hands of every person who draws breath, and right now they cannot afford a misstep in their public image.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRick View Post
    If the NRA sells us out Friday I am through supporting them. They are paid to represent us, the gun owner, not roll over to Congress. No more money from me.
    Why do you think they picked Friday?

Man haven't you heard, the world as we know it will END on Friday!
    atctimmy likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Warning to the NRA

Does anyone know what time this press conference is supposed to be?

Is now the time to become a Lifetime member? I am sure they can use the money/support
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

I'm confident that the NRA will do the right thing...this cannot be a 'rushed' approach.
    Rattlehead likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMan View Post
    Does anyone know what time this press conference is supposed to be?

10:45AM ET/9:45 AM CT
    live streaming NRA facebook,NRA.org,NRAnews.com
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

This is their opportunity to Step UP and protect our rights under the US Constitution.......I believe they will.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I'm hoping the NRA makes a rather sizable donation to a mental health awareness organization as part of whatever their solution is.
    Why??? That is not the NRA's mission, it is not what members pay dues for, and it is neither needed nor required.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    If the NRA sends money to a mental health organization I may sue to recover the money I've sent them over the years. They have thousands upon thousands of my dollars to fight the 2nd Amendment fight. If I wanted my money to go to mental health groups, that's where I'd send it. As soon as they think they know how to spend my money better than I do they become no different that all of the fiscally liberal politicians that I disagree with so strongly.

That said, they picked Friday because the over the top negative response they're going to get from the media will be largely missed by the public. Any press release done on a Friday is done with the thought that it will be missed over the weekend and by Monday the media will have moved on to something else. In this case they have 2 extra days due to Christmas. Many Americans will be out of the news loop from Thursday evening through the end of the day Tuesday, thus they'll miss Piers and friends having bowel movements on themselves when the NRA says that they will oppose limiting magazine capacity or banning guns based on cosmetic features.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Prediction

I don't believe the NRA will do anything inconsistent with their historic stance on the 2nd Amendment. They will not support this mad dash to base laws affecting millions on the actions of one mentally ill boy.

I predict they will advocate the "hardening" of schools to keep students safe from external attackers during class hours, along with better scrutiny of mentally ill young men to keep them away from guns. They will try to project a reasonable, helpful demeanor regarding preventive measures.
    BugDude likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    I am sure they will have a good plan, If it looks good I will reup. If not I don't expire for a few more months to think it over.
    I a pretty sure it will be fine!

VIP Member
    I've been a NRA member longer than a concealed carrier....& I've carried concealed for over 2 decades now.

They have done things I have agreed with & others that I haven't. The NRA leadership is made up of some very pro gun people & they also have some pro 'sporting gun' people. I think some of the NRA leaders in the past have made a few bad moves & got disciplined for it. The NRA today seems to have a little more 2nd Amendment, pro defense stance than they did 20 years ago. Back then they were more pro hunting, than pro gun. I'm glad that has changed to some degree.

Could they do better?....yes
    Will they fold tomorrow & cave to a new AWB?......maybe (If they do cave, I for one will be very disappointed & may have to rethink membership.)

One good example of what I'm talking about with the NRA leadership is Joaquin Jackson. He is on the NRA board & is a former Texas Ranger. He doesn't think anybody but law enforcement & military should have 'assault weapons' & 'high capacity' magazines. When you have board members like that, it shouldn't be a big surprise if the NRA blinks & folds like a cheap suit.....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I don't believe the NRA will do anything inconsistent with their historic stance on the 2nd Amendment. They will not support this mad dash to base laws affecting millions on the actions of one mentally ill boy.

I predict they will advocate the "hardening" of schools to keep students safe from external attackers during class hours, along with better scrutiny of mentally ill young men to keep them away from guns. They will try to project a reasonable, helpful demeanor regarding preventive measures.
    I suspect (and hope) that this is the tact that they take. This can be done in a respectful and sensitive manner- no money need be handed over to anyone and perhaps they'll even carefully suggest/support the arming of teachers/administrators and/or the inclusion of professional armed security.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I foresee a lot of junk mail and phones calls in our futures.
    BugDude likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Warning to the NRA

A sizable number (might even be a majority) of NRA members rarely handle a weapon, except during hunting season. Those members are not strong supporters of CC and most likely will accept a "sacrificial lamb" to appease the country and protect their hunting rifles...

JMHO
    tacman605 and suntzu like this.
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links