Warning to the NRA - Page 3

Warning to the NRA

This is a discussion on Warning to the NRA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Doesn't matter what they say - what do you bet the major media censors whatever they say, or just takes short sound bites that will ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Warning to the NRA

Doesn't matter what they say - what do you bet the major media censors whatever they say, or just takes short sound bites that will make gun ownership look bad.

I've never in a lifetime seen such one sided rhetoric, except in countries where the media was state controlled. I'm just sick watching this garbage on TV.

While I wish I didn't I have a gut feeling the NRA is going to say they will not oppose a new ban on certain weapons. They have from time to time went soft on issues. Sure hope I'm wrong.

Personally i will never call AR15, M19, AK47 assault weapons since they are nothing more that a rifle just as revolvers are revolvers. I believe any weapon that can shoot bullets are basically assault weapons. Even in a self defense situation one has to "assault" the bad guy in order to survive.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

New to this forum and bought my first handgun after the election, now own 3 ( one was for my wife) joined the NRA today.

What made me believe I needed a gun at 51 years old? My expectation that the day is coming when someone will say I cannot have a gun.

Assault weapons? If the framers of the constitution intended that citizens should be able to protect themselves from government tyranny then it would be necessay that the people have the right to be armed at the same level as their government. Which means to me that basically anything goes if you can build or afford it.

Just my opinion.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KyBill View Post
    New to this forum and bought my first handgun after the election, now own 3 ( one was for my wife) joined the NRA today.

What made me believe I needed a gun at 51 years old? My expectation that the day is coming when someone will say I cannot have a gun.

Assault weapons? If the framers of the constitution intended that citizens should be able to protect themselves from government tyranny then it would be necessay that the people have the right to be armed at the same level as their government. Which means to me that basically anything goes if you can build or afford it.

Just my opinion.
    I'm now accepting donations from anyone who wishes to help me buy an M1A2 Abrams
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

I think pretty soon you'll be able to print one on those new fangled printers lol (reference here
    Click, print, shoot: Downloadable guns possible

I thought the NRA did pretty good today. They may not be perfect, but they're the best chance we've got at protecting our rights.
    minimalbrat and krisspy like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links