Good Article: Why The Same Old Gun Control Answers Aren't Comforting

This is a discussion on Good Article: Why The Same Old Gun Control Answers Aren't Comforting within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The most logical article I've read yet regarding the subject. Why the same old gun-control answers aren’t comforting | Kyle Wingfield...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By BugDude
  • 5 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Good Article: Why The Same Old Gun Control Answers Aren't Comforting

The most logical article I've read yet regarding the subject.

Why the same old gun-control answers aren’t comforting | Kyle Wingfield
    archer51, darbo and Brad426 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Good article, thanks for posting.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Interesting points made. More intelligent made than many.

But in the end, liberty and personal responsibility aren't supposed to be necessarily "comforting." Occasionally they hurt, and there's a price to be paid for each.

We need to go after criminals. We need to take no prisoners. We need to set the bar high, on this one, because our very lives are threatened by these animals (the criminals, not the liberty-haters). We need to beef up security/procedures at our most-vulnerable venues. We need to ARM/TRAIN our citizens, again, to be fighters against threats, not wussified automatons. We need to take back our neighborhoods, streets, towns, cities and country from the destructive forces tearing it apart.

Failing all of that, penalizing upstanding citizens for daring to protect themselves serves nobody but the criminals. There's no real way around that one.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    If we lose this upcoming battle what's next?I've never seen such a knee jerk reaction. This fight not going to be pretty with Joe Biden leading the charge for the other side.NRA gave him an F.I have to believe our side has more dedication.This morning on CBS good old Bob Sciffier (sp) was comparing firearms to cars what an ass.The press appears to be in emenies camp. If cooler heads would only prevail and look at what really needs to be fixed is how mentally ill are getting firearms.
    Once this is done I believe you'll see a crime using large knifes. Just look at Great Britian and the commenwealth of Austrialia.Banning firarms will cause a host of other violent crimes like home invasions!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I personally don't believe Obama and his administration give a hoot about the horrible act committed at the Newtown school, but will use it as a tool to advance his/their agenda. Why is it that the president and his administration have not made mention of the 60 plus children that have been killed, not to mention the hundreds wounded, in Chicago this year or the fact that over 5,000 people have been killed in the city since 2001.

WHY? Chicago has the toughest anti gun laws in America and they don't work and they don't want to advertise the fact that the anti gun laws are a total failure. IMO, the rewrite of gun ban laws will make criminals out of many once law abiding citizens and continue to have no effect on the gang bangers/criminals.

Where is the once right hand man to Obama that was to wipe out gun crime in Chicago when elected mayor? The murders continue at a rate of 50 or so per month, not a problem to him, he has an armed security force surrounding himself 24/7 but the average law abiding citizens are not allowed to have a firearm for protection. My rant for today.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Re: Good Article: Why The Same Old Gun Control Answers Aren't Comforting

Never let a crisis / tragedy go to waste

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Not impressed:

"While I generally support gun-ownership rights, I’m open to practical suggestions that can reasonably square with the Second Amendment."

The problem isn't guns, moron!!!!

That was very well written.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Links