Not unexpected, but not good...

This is a discussion on Not unexpected, but not good... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Since he's from Massachusetts, I expected him to be the first Republican to cave in. Scott Brown backs assault gun ban - Kevin Robillard - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Not unexpected, but not good...

Since he's from Massachusetts, I expected him to be the first Republican to cave in.

Scott Brown backs assault gun ban - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Senior Moderator
    He wont be the last.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    He wont be the last.
    That's what concerns me. You can pretty much count on Democrats lining up behind Feinstein, but when Republicans fall in step, you can lock the AR in the back of the gun safe forever.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

IMO......When the Going Gets Tough......the Cowards Bail Out.
    Spirit51, darbo and atctimmy like this.

It honestly does not matter how many republican senators cave in. The Senate was going to vote for it anyways. We need the house republicans to hold strong.
    KBSR, Billb1960 and atctimmy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    It honestly does not matter how many republican senators cave in. The Senate was going to vote for it anyways. We need the house republicans to hold strong.
    And you don't think Boehner will flinch?

On a more personal level, I hear and agree wholeheartedly with the "cold dead hands". It is easy to talk tough and throw cliches around. I just hope if the time comes that I can stand as strong as my words. I'm really not ready to be dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    And you don't think Boehner will flinch?
    Who knows, I guess only time will tell.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Boehner is already on thin ice as it is, and while I don't think he's the smartest guy out there he should have at least enough sense to know that if he so much as touches this with a ten foot pole, his political career will be done. While Obama may be arrogant enough to not understand what the last AWB did to the democratic party, the I highly doubt many republicans will want to jump on board that wagon, and this time I don't many gun makers jumping on the wagon either.

Feinstein introduces this bill every year and it goes nowhere. My guess is that this will blow over like everything else, you have do have to wonder about the timing of all of this. :) (There's my conspiracy theory side coming out.)

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Brown is pandering to his base, he is likely to run for Kerry's seat.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    On a more personal level, I hear and agree wholeheartedly with the "cold dead hands". It is easy to talk tough and throw cliches around. I just hope if the time comes that I can stand as strong as my words. I'm really not ready to be dead yet.
    Sounds dumb maybe but through my life and the stuff iv done and been through here is my view on death and it helps me. "Death is just a time and place, pre-ordained by God from the beginning of time. Nothing I do or don't do will change the time or way my God calls me home"

Just thought I'd share me philosophy on it! With everything going on anyone that stands beside me and fellow pro 2nd amendment people I hold extremely high respect for which means pretty much anyone on this forum!
    niks and johnmed3 like this.

I wouldn't count 'em all on board yet.
    They love their jobs and a bunch of them want to survive 2014 elections.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    Feinstein introduces this bill every year and it goes nowhere. My guess is that this will blow over like everything else, you have do have to wonder about the timing of all of this. :) (There's my conspiracy theory side coming out.)
    This is my feeling as well. I know I'm being overly paranoid, but that little voice in my head keeps piping up. What bothers me the most is how O-boy didn't seem all that shocked during the first press conference. But that is probably just me seeing what I want to see.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

‘Hate speech’ toward gun owners

http://www.examiner.com/article/hate...id=db_articles

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post

just my opinion/observation: those on the political left seem to vary their reaction to hate speech depending on who is being hated more than pro-gun people do. if those being 'hated' were gays, a racial minority, or some other group with whom they sympathized, the left would attack the speaker with everything in their arsenal. but somehow similar attacks on pro-gun folks are tolerated, by their silence if nothing else.

i have never felt that bigotry of any kind has been tolerated by the majority of posters on this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links