Gun show loophole???? - Page 2

Gun show loophole????

This is a discussion on Gun show loophole???? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I noticed a lot of states have "certificates" to buy from a private party....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gun show loophole????

I noticed a lot of states have "certificates" to buy from a private party.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I have been involved in the sale of firearms to others.

Usually involving weapons that I was tired of, didn't like or to collect money to purchase another weapon that caught my fancy.
    Trying to selling or trade withgun retailers/dealers or other gun purveyors usually results in a very low price (kind of like going to a car
    dealer w/ a trade in) so I prefer dealing one on one, because they purchase a weapon for a fair price and I get what I consider a fair price.

Obviously I don't/can't run a background check, but I try to make a judgement on the character and mental stability of the person I am selling
    to. In most instances this is easy because I know them.

In fact, I can only remember selling to one person I didn't know really well.

I keep a record of the sale with a written and signed receipt.

Name of purchaser
    Date of transaction
    Amount
    Type of weapon (make/caliber)
    Serial number of weapon

I keep those records in a file folder and on my computer. This is for my own protection in case that weapon ever falls into the wrong hands
    and ends up being used in a crime of some sort.

I hope this is the responsible, correct and legal way of conducting a private sale.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

The Gun Show Loophole

I just went to a gun show in Knoxville, TN last weekend. I would say there were more individuals selling firearms than dealers by a long shot. Mind you, the dealers were selling more firearms at their tables than the individuals standing around with signs around their nicks or taped to their guns. But I have never been to a place that it would be easier to purchase a weapon if I was a felon. No NICS check, no ID check, just cash!!!

There were even vendors that were "Collectors" buying and selling "personal" guns at their booths that had more guns than the dealers. Now if anything was a loophole, this was. I think private sales at a gun show might just be the gun show loophole.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links